M109 battlerating

Not always reliable when you get gaijined…but most of the time.

M109 however should go up imo, VIDAR should go up in Rang but not in BR so i can grind Sweden better with it

But jokes aside both should go up by at least +0.7 / +1.0 - im playing the Maus a bit and in all my last Matches at 8+BR ive been constantly one-hit my someone fielding the M109 in 8BR+ Matches

1 Like

Honestly my biggest gripe about them are the fact it has an aluminum superstructure compared to the steel superstructure on the 2S3. Allows overpenetration for every APHE shell, which is what most tanks of that br depend on. I don’t mind that it is an M109 mixed in with WW2 tanks, I just mind that it is make of aluminum in a world where steel was the lightest material they used.

You are not wrong at all there.

Honestly, it would make so much sense for the armor viewer to show not total thickness but rather RHA equivalent thickness. Then stuff overpenning it would make more sense to the average joe.

My personal take is that gaijin put the m109 in the game, across close to every country, in some form, is to accommodate the less than average player.

Think about it.

The HE artillery tank is broken beyond hell. Overpressure lurks around every corner. Its a broken mechanic, abusive with artillery tanks. They dont have to aim properly, while when your aphe heat dart tank hits it slightly off, you will not survive long enough to hit it a second time. They have so much crew and space in that turret, its a miracle they didnt include a fucking jacuzzi.

Its a tank, that is meant for when your girlfriend asks if she can give the game a try. You give her an m109 and zhe will think she does alright.

1 Like

I don’t see it as “abuse.” Any tank taking an artillery shell direct hit of that size will be rendered combat-ineffective.

If something is seen as “necessary” to prevent downtiered heavy tanks from running around like they own the place, then I would prefer derp artillery over the flood of HEAT-spewing light tanks.

Derp artillery has long reloads. They’re huge. They aren’t insanely mobile. They have okay at best gun handling. Their shell velocity is okay at best. Overpressure makes them work, as few have optional AP to use on certain targets (like say a 2S3M vs a Jumbo, especially in a side shot).

If we’re talking about hitting a tank and it doing nothing, try being in an early M109 and missing/having a shot eaten by enemy tank lol

Long reload and you’re huge as a house with no armor, at least YOU’LL damage the M109 shooting him more often