Lets talk about the state of Germany

As far as I’m aware, nothing definitive is known about its armament. It’s problematic to sort between genuine research, informed speculation, and stuff that was outright made up by people, but I think the only reliable info to be found on E-50 and E-75 concerns their drive train and hulls. If I’m wrong, I welcome correction ofc.

2 Likes

Well, the best thing for 6.7 is the 75mm Panther II which would be an excellent 6.3 - 6.7 medium tank for Germany.

I am honestly not sure I would trust my ability to competently use the same old KwK42 against the sorts of targets you can expect to meet in a 7.7 match, man. Maybe that’s just my skill issue, but if I felt comfortable in using that gun against IS-3/4M/6, T32E1 etc, I would uptier the Panther F in my 6.7 lineup anyway - yes, it would have very little survivability, but that’s normal in a full uptier, it’s why you take “BR agnostic” light vehicles like the LeK into a full uptier.

With the BRs as they currently stand, I suspect the real Panther II would be 6.3. That extra 20mm of armour is nice, but at a HEAT-populated BR, it’s unlikely to make a meaningful performance difference I think.

The issue is that for whatever reason Gajin added the TOW to ammo selection, which is entirely useless when you only got the choice between base TOW and I-TOW

Might be because they’re going to add hot as an option.

2 Likes

Makes sense.

It would make its atgms a little more viable at its extremely high br (compared to release).

Since Hot 2 is fully backwards compatible with previous versions of the launcher, it could get hot 2 and have 900mm of pen.

Germany high teir is a forgotten dumpsterfire. I left germany for china which is jsut blatantly better. The pso with less armor than a5 after 3 years of waiting was the last straw for me. The air tree is also just soviet hand me downs, nothing interesting or domestic in the slightest. I am also expecting eurofighter to get the f16 treatment and not really be anything germany exclusive. All in all germany is on the backburner and i dont see it getting any better

Idk, I might just be getting pretty lucky, but my experience with the stock-ish PSO has been pretty good. Armorwise it’s almost like a BVM in levels of bullshit. If only it had the UFP/LFP beak…

Huh absolutely not. Composite screens are much less likely to cause questionable results when hit than ERA

1 Like

Leopard prototype with a 90m gun would be a great option for 7.3. Ru251 is 7.3 aswell and the leo prototype would probably be similar

1 Like

It would probably be 6.3. It has all the disadvantages of the panthers with just extra hull armor, which isn’t really needed. The extra weight seems to be compensated with a better engine but hp/ton is similar.

A better tank would be the panther F with the pseudo stabilizer. The gunner sight was stabilized and the gun would only shoot if the sight and gun aligned (pre-ignition device). Some french tank had it aswell iirc. So adding such a feature wouldn’t be a waste.
Source: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/germany/panther-ausf-f.php

1 Like

I can get behind that. Was the F model the only one that had a stabilized sight?

I think only the panther F with only 2 prototype turrets

I wish they’d add the e series. E50, e25 and e10 seem quite interesting vehicles had they ever been built.

Follow-up post now that I’m at my desktop.
The best example of this is on the T-34 series of tanks that have 8 different ammo choices.
This image is one that I don’t own nor will ever own.

The best that can be done is to make a suggestion to increase the amount from 4 to a higher number.
Whether that’s 5, 6, 7, 8… up to the poll someone would make for such a suggestion.
And of course “Keep it at 4.”

And of course you’d need to have a solution to deal with the default controls of War Thunder.

E-100 Krupp

1 Like

You are doing god’s work.

1 Like

As always

1 Like

I also participated (at the end indicated). Gun (modified) planned for installation

1 Like