Lets talk about the state of Germany

I don’t know about that one chief, any round past rifle calibre reeks havoc on the turret now, it used to be tanky asf but after the myriad of nerfs and lack of fixes it has become a burden on my higher tier german lineups, would rather take the TAM 2C instead

Yea, Puma is a “Hold F to repair” simulator if you don’t die to a random ammunition detonation. Last night I spent a total of 6 minutes repairing my turret drives, the match lasted for 11 minutes.

This is no longer the IFV that reigned with terror back in the day, as of now, it’s something you spawn when you’re out of MBTs and you don’t wanna sit in your spawn in an SPAA.

Maybe if Gaijin got off their bottoms and actually fixed it then it’d be different, but oh well.

1 Like

I know from experience playing the Namer, but at least you get to repair. Unlike the KF41 who will be back in the respawn menu when it’s turret is hit.

Been playing with a bud using the HU2a7 and my other bud playing the 2a7 while i use the 122. So far ive died from a breach shot. My 2a7 friend lost his gunner and commander and the 2a7 lost loader. Idk we had a lot of matches where we experienced that on every vehicle. Can’t really say we saw any real difference. Some angle did cause us to get nuked though.

Enjoy these photos that I’ve stolen (credit goes to @Drag0oon):

Note: Germany has apparently got their hands on a T-80U already in 1985! DM43 & DM53 (LKE I and LKE II respectively) began development only a year later. Yet, in this game, DM53 is barely capable enough to perforate T-80U’s upper plate at extremely close distances.

6 Likes

As my limited knowledge i have DM53 should cut though K5 and able to pen T-72B3 and T-80U at like more than one kilometer
In case of of relik at close range should not possible to defeat DM53 at range leas than kilometers
But in the game muh underperforming

That is the ACV Puma though. It has nothing to do with the modern one.

I like the part with the “Linked to Internal Report”

1 Like

The devs plan on ignoring it for as long as possible, probably.

Was an example of what modularity is.
By no means is the puma ifv modulsr because you can switch out the clara for training stuff

1985 thats really impressive considering the tank didnt go into full production until 1987, we are to believe West Germany managed to acquire Russias most advanced MBT as it had passed selection trials?

Britain managed to purchase a number of T-80Us directly from Russia and that was after the fall of the Soviet Union (1991) and was used to develop L27A1

Yea cool.

Britain managed to purchase a number of T-80Us directly from Russia and that was after the fall of the Soviet Union (1991) and was used to develop L27A1

L27A1 had ‘finished’ development (that is, the configuration was already frozen in place) before Britian got their hands on a T-80U officially. But, if Germany had acquired a T-80U even earlier than that, it would make a lot more sense then for the UK to have finished that fast (data sharing and all), not hard to imagine.

2 Likes

Russian records state the tank wasnt put into mass production and delivered to units from 1985 to 1987.

In 1985 the T-80BV was being delivered.

The final T-80U (U = usovershenstvovanniy: improved) design aka Obiekt 219AS, was the Obiekt 219A with the engine and ATGM capability of the Obiekt 219V. An initial batch of 20 vehicles for field trials (1983) saw the T-80U accepted into Russian Army service in 1985, followed by serial production in 1987.

Further more the German units operating in Europe recieved the tank in 1986.

Someones dates are wrong. I would be interested to see the report or document that proves Germany managed to buy/steal a Russian T-80U tank from from Soviet tank regiments equipped with this tank. As it was delivered.

If thats the case it’s a masterstroke in inteligence gathering.

there u have it mass production, might already have some produced before and brought to germany for testing etc

if you could provide proof like furina that could be more credible

Alright, I can see you’re not the brightest star in the sky…

T-80U / UD in Kharkov:
1983 - 10 T-80U units (December).
1985 - 30 units T-80U + 5 units T-80UD.
further only UD.
1986 - 45-47 units
1987 - 75 units
1988 - 125 units
1989 -150 units
1990 - 170 units
1991 - 100 units
1992 - 43 units

This here are the production numbers for the T-80U each year in Kharkiv, enjoy.

That aside, I didn’t know a vehicle has to first enter mass production & full service before it can be smuggled over the border, I’m guessing BND didn’t know that either.

T-80U produced 10 would have been for evaluation…(stop being a womble)
Then accepted in 1985 when mass production began 30 units delivered to what division?

So with only 10 in circulation Germany managed to get one lets also imagine these tanks would be at Kubinka undergoing trials and testing, with a few sent to frontline units.
That’s incredible again provide some evidence. Just to preface this, this is Russia’s brand new MBT with a brand new armour package. This would have been one of the closest guarded Soviet secrets at the time.

Unless you can tell me the took the tank while being tested and delivered it to West Germany through all the security checkpoints.

I really want to read more about it share the documents.

1 Like

That aside, I didn’t know a vehicle has to first enter mass production & full service before it can be smuggled over the border, I’m guessing BND didn’t know that either.

I provided photos of what the book states, you’re actually an idiot if you think I have access to the information the author has, go mail him or something rather than wasting my time with your completely nonsensical demands, Holy Mother of God, this British main… alternatively, go cry about the 2A4M CAN some more.

9 Likes

we provided evidence, you are saying mimimi its like this because i say so

Its your turn to provide evidence not ours, we provided already

You are like one of the guys that said germany never had R-73 when there was the same proof and the IRIS-T literaly developed out of them

7 Likes

Here is the front of the book, it will help you on your search for sources. Good luck :D

1 Like