Lets talk about the state of Germany

It’s more like they can’t make a bigger rod cuz it’s a 2 piece ammunition so it’s gonna be límited by the lenght of the first piece of ammo

Mostly its limited by autoloader design.

Yeah that’s what vacum 1-2 are longer but have less ammo capacity on the T-14

Well both shells are still under development process so best thing does Russia currently have are 3BM-59/60.

Those shells will probably better then Svinet rounds but god knows when will they enter the production.

They are tested already they are pretty good but not at the level of nato shells still, i’m not in My PC SO i don’t have the tests they had with them

In an actual game you aren’t going to get that 99 percent of the time btw

I assume its more because the growth potential of the L30 is reached with two piece ammunition putting a much earlier cap on dart length than rifling. Though its certainly outdated by now as well.

Heh
xv_opt.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LT_in0pQnF
WHA actually starts outperforming DU in the 1600 to 1700 m/s region. Probably the reason all the 140mm projects with their 2000 m/s darts used WHA, even the American ones

3 Likes

Yeah the Main reason why américa started to make their shells slower look at M829A3 whose muzzle velocity is 1550 m/s allegedly, since below the turret ring sadly dosent mention this whatsoever, but other sites seem to be saying the same speed wich would make sense since america purposedly sacrificed propellant for a longer apfsds, wich it’s penetrator its 670 mm in lenght with a steel tip of 100 according to latest patents from Alliant Techsystems, since there was a 630 mm a 650 mm and a 670 mm patent, this last one being the same penetrator lenght as last M829A2 but with a 100 m long steel tip and a radius of 25 mm

This isn’t anything new. This spot is practically pointless to shoot since it generates no spall whatsoever.

2 Likes

your forgetting DM73

DM73 dosent have a diffferent penetrator so it can’t really “pen” relikt it can force it’s way through with raw penetration but not counter relikt as such

M829A3

M892A3 was made to counter kontakt 5 in a more “refined” way instead of brute forcing it, M829A4 was meant to counter relikt, not M829A3

I doubt that relik even able to protect against the round such as DM73 or M829A4

M829A3 still has a 50% success rate against Relikt, though, iirc

but isn’t only to ranges of up to 1.5km ? or something like that ?

36% at 2.5 km

Forum is over 5k posts at the time of first reading (and writing) and don’t have the time to read the whole thing, but if its been discussed please tell me and I’ll go read that bit.

Onto my question; the gepard 1a2 dpesn’t have ANY night vision devices, from reading open sources, some say that the upgraded 1a2 version does have night vision capabilities, some say it has thermal capabilities, and I even found 1 that said only the driver had night vision, but otherwise nowhere explicitly states that it did not have any night vision, that is, specifically stating they do not have any as opposed to not mentioning any capability (or lack therof). From a gameplay perspective a 9.7 vehicle that, very reasonably, could end up fighting in night battles (10.0 locked) should probably have some qol nvd’s but if they don’t want to add them… :\

Also the FIM-92K is supposedly a variant designed specifically to receive data from a vehicles sensors for initial targeting, looking moreso at the ozelot IRST locking a target in range, but not the missile (planes can use their radar’s to help their IR missiles so I don’t see why the gepard couldn’t do the same with K variant) this would be unavailable when firing E variant stingers for both the ozelot and gepard 1a2.

Would be nice to know if the devs have looked at either of these, as there was a post on the old forum, that didn’t get passed on, although that was for the gepard (pre 1a2 addition) which I believe should have a laser rangefinder as it was not added to the vehicles that underwent the upgrade to the 1a2 standard (that is, the laser rangefinder was already present, atleast for the german versions, the dutch cheetah’s might be different)

Something strange i see. Only Germany will have new fleet or i miss something?

It’s not all in the leak list, we are still missing a Lot