Lets talk about the state of Germany

M338,DM53,Type-10,M829A2 and L27 should be able to defeat all types of tanks that has kontakt-5 but since this change will hurt Russian and Chinese players most gaijin will not do that.

3 Likes

Rather funny only Shell that can pen relikt rn reallisticaly it’s M829A4, altough DM53 can technically pen the T80 BVM out of brute penetration irl

yo wtf its actually going through, when did they do this lol

1 Like

It’s almost as if Gaijin is good at development.
Here’s with the composite + K5 USA tested IRL:

Thats why new ammunition is on its way.

Basically brute forcing, the thing is its not consistent.

It dosent have anti ERA yet That is just because of the raw pen it has lol

1 Like

You forgot to mention Russian T-Series has overperforming hull armor.

M829A2 can basically demolish that hull with brute force in real life but knowing you this conversation will become pretty much pointless very soon…

3 Likes

M829A3 can penetrate relict

A3 adds anti-ERA elements from my memory of the M829 series of development.

Cannot do that consistently thats why Usa developed M829A4.

1 Like

says who?

Usa itself? Have you ever considered why A4 was developed in the first place?

If A3 could consistently penetrate Relikt from engagement distances they wouldnt even bother to enhance 829 family.

Both DM-53 and M829A3 can brute force themselves to Relikt at certain ranges but since this wasnt enough both countries decided to develop better rounds that can effectively engage with Relikt at all distances.

1 Like

M829A2 reduces kontakt 5 effectivity by 38% or so in tests and according to BTTR, M829A3 reduces effectivity by 32% on relikt and 78% on kontakt 5 and M829A4 reduces effectivity on relikt by 67% this is according to BTTR

oh yeah i keep forgetting 3rd gen era.

Russians and their endless ERA development.

Get ready for Kaktus Era when they introduce T-80UM Black Eagle.

1 Like

“What’s infantry safety?” - Russian development.
Infantry safety is why NATO ERA doesn’t protect against kinetic rounds as much as Russian ERA.
If NATO didn’t care about infantry safety they would’ve developed even better ERA than the Russians.

Malachit ERA supossed to be used in the T14 Armata also what we’re the values of kaktus ERA?

Tbh i have zero clue.

Couldnt find any reliable information on that, some sources states its better then Relikt and other sources states its either on par or slightly worse.

Nato didnt need better ERA cause base armor values was more then enough.

Problem with Russians are they reached a point where they cannot enhance protection level with their composite knowledge so they decided to focus on ERA side even more.

Dang, sad i’ll ask some russian guys who knows about this stuff

They also seemed to have reached a limit on their apfsds lenght

1 Like

Their APFSDS have always been lacking, theres a reason why they keep making longer, bigger rods