Lets talk about the state of Germany

With the Properties needed for APFSDS “strength” has no meaning as you define it. The reasons different materials perform differently is mainly due to the how hard they are, density, elasticity etc etc etc. None of them are “strength” but rather properties, one alloy isn’t automatically 5% worse than another due to one aspect, its a combination of a lot of factors.

M829A2 is like within 10mm or within 20mm of its IRL pen in War Thunder.
DM53 is pretty close.
Odermatt is why War Thunder, Steel Beasts, etc can exist as simulators. Everyone uses his formula cause it’s quick, fair, and accurate enough.

2 Likes

Is the possibility that shells from the L/44 and L/55 don’t pen well over 700mm? When did L27A1 enter service and compare it to the shell that entered service closest to that.

1 Like

Late 90s and stopped production in 2001 and then we made L28A1 which was its tungsten replacement

ok then take all the known alloys. How do each of them fare vs a D.U Penetrator.

Depends DU performs better but thanks to its own properties it becomes uneffective at pretty high velocities it becomes more brittle the faster it goes, but generally speaking yeah DU has more pen

ok for example i already know that M829A2 can defeat K-5 up to 1000meters, but gaijin says it can’t. I know with 100% assurance gaijin is wrong.

All of this stuff is made out of alloys that can only protect it from a certain distance.

Thats… RELIKT not Kontakt-5 dude.

That’s a T80BVM it uses relikt T80U uses kontakt 5

yeah i meant a tank with K5

M338,DM53,Type-10,M829A2 and L27 should be able to defeat all types of tanks that has kontakt-5 but since this change will hurt Russian and Chinese players most gaijin will not do that.

3 Likes

Rather funny only Shell that can pen relikt rn reallisticaly it’s M829A4, altough DM53 can technically pen the T80 BVM out of brute penetration irl

yo wtf its actually going through, when did they do this lol

1 Like

It’s almost as if Gaijin is good at development.
Here’s with the composite + K5 USA tested IRL:

Thats why new ammunition is on its way.

Basically brute forcing, the thing is its not consistent.

It dosent have anti ERA yet That is just because of the raw pen it has lol

1 Like

You forgot to mention Russian T-Series has overperforming hull armor.

M829A2 can basically demolish that hull with brute force in real life but knowing you this conversation will become pretty much pointless very soon…

3 Likes

M829A3 can penetrate relict

A3 adds anti-ERA elements from my memory of the M829 series of development.

Cannot do that consistently thats why Usa developed M829A4.

1 Like