Lets talk about the state of Germany

stayed 8.7 for a while not 9.0
was fun fighting vs it in a maus … /s

1 Like

Guys if you don´t mind. Check my game mechanic suggestion please!

2 Likes

turret performance?, its one of the ifv with the slowest turret, it could fire the missile on the move yes but the missile was good, what made it good was the insane damage of the autocannon since its a 35 mm, and the fire on the move was quickly removed

1 Like

And what you are mentioning is post nerf… turret rotation used to be incredible on it.
Regardless, the vehicle is still incredible.

We are also off topic, so I concur.

Have you played it recently? Dude idk what it is but i slap so hard in that thing, i often forget it has missiles and just use the gun i love it

1 Like

Can we push more for a rank 3 light tank for Germany? Feels like everyone is ignoring that issue despite it getting more serious with the m41 now at 6.7.

I know that US-players demand a mid tier anti air for ages and get nothing but nobody is talking about this giant gap. This could be filled with an easy c&p pt-76b. This east german vehicle would actually fill that gap and thus would be more accepted.

The lack of light tank is why newer players are worse and Germany has a lower winrate compared to other nations. They have no tools to counterflank and to spot enemy players. Having a tank which doesn’t rely on armor is another lesson for new players.

If you want to fix the “tiger problem” then a light tank would be a great solution.

Screenshot (85)
Exactly what this bad boy needed

2 Likes

Do Y’all think the F-4F ICE has a chance of coming next update?

1 Like

They could make the Puma rank III. Plain and simple. Its an advanced scout vehicle from 1943 onwards. Pretty late war. So make it rIII and call it a day. If neccessary raise its BR a bit.

I’d like to adjust the elevation of the Spike launcher and buff that d**n missile to make it acually useful.

June yeah i think its likely with AMRAAMS coming

Yes, but it’s gonna be garbage since it’ll be a phantom at 12.7 (if not higher than that). Even if it gets the IRIS-T alongside AMRAAMs the phantom airframe will significantly hinder it. Can’t put it at a lower br either since it’d be completely busted there.

yeah, probably. DoA if it’s at an unreasonable BR unless it gets IRIS-T to boot.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be overpowered at 12.3, Fox 3 missiles are an improvement on Fox 1s to be sure but they will not change the current close quarters knife fight meta and in this meta the F-4F performs poorly.

Let’s see.

The mobility is decent, but not exceptional. The first stage ammo is short and takes a long time to restock. The missiles SUCK and you only carry 4 anyway - should be 6, btw. The gun is average and doesn’t have neither penetration nor damage to be worth the tradeoff. You’re a massive target that gets oneshot all the time.

It’s just not a good vehicle. I’d rather bring another Type 74, even the C model.

The fact NVD binos were kept for years after commander optics was introduced was rather dumb.
Tank commanders IRL have monocular gen 2 NVD or gen 1 thermal scopes, but not binos.

It’d be nice to get a rank 3 LT, but a PT-76? Why not the Pz II Luchs with the planned 5cm L/60 (and turret from the Puma), or the VK16.02 that was ready for production to succeed it? Or even the SPz 11-2 Kurz?

They could make the puma 4.0 with a 2.5 second ace reload or something but then there wouldn’t be a light tank at rank 3 anymore.

@PercussionCap

It’d be nice to get a rank 3 LT, but a PT-76? Why not the Pz II Luchs with the planned 5cm L/60 (and turret from the Puma), or the VK16.02 that was ready for production to succeed it? Or even the SPz 11-2 Kurz?

The spähpanzer kurz would work for me aswell. The 5cm pz 2 is paper and the vk1602 is more or less paper aswell and in a similar situation to the corelian (chassie was build but not the turret).
A pt-76b would be a easy c&p vehicle. Tanks like the spähpanzer kurz could come later. Both would be different brs aswell so it wouldn’t be a bad option

1 Like

Then I can’t say much other than that I’m sorry for your performance, I’ll be having a great time in it

The hull existed, the turret and gun existed. There were plans to combine the both but the realities of war got in the way. The 5cm was even tested in the original Luchs turret but it was too big; we know from the Puma that a bigger turret was made for it.
The two could be combined and there were plans to do so, it just wasn’t done.

It’s no less real than the Yak-141 and Ostwind 2, the latter of which we aren’t even sure existed at all.

It even fits right in with gaijin’s approach towards this kind of vehicles.
zqfM3az_d