Lets talk about the state of Germany

That magazine is from 1975, they are just plans. They had planned the marder motor and had plans in the future to add a sensor. It doesn’t matter, because the project is in its conceptual phase. Newer sources were provided but they are Jane’s… The thing is, the sources provided by Gaijin are equally unbelievable.
Moral: When Gaijin wants to nerf something, he uses the narrative that suits him. The historical value of the sources does not matter.

Gaijin has known for months and years about these Begleit sources. There are already previous reports and they already knew it, however now they need the nerf, probably to bring it down to 9.0 in the next revision.

How do you know it’s an intentional nerf? when they remove the engine, but its mass is still 30tn and its maximum speed is still limited to 70km/h. The same magazine that says that Begleit has the Marder engine/transmission (in fact it does not specify that it is from the Marder, only the engine power is revealed) also says that Begleit has 28.5tn and a maximum speed of 78km/h. The latter has not yet been corrected (as far as I know).

4 Likes

And it’s likely they won’t change that at all. Professional cherry pickers, right here.

2 Likes

According to wiki thunder:

DF105 uses the same engine and transmission as Begleit (720hp with 7 forward gears and 4 reverse gears).
Marder A1 uses an 8 forward/reverse gear transmission.

Nerf also to DF105? since according to Gaijin the Marder transmission is not compatible with the TAM engine.
Nerf the Marder? because wiki says 8 forward/reverse gears and the official Renk site says 4 forward/reverse gears.
What transmission has 7 forward and 4 reverse gears?
I assure you that if I continue to pull the thread, we discover that much of the game is riddled with inaccuracies and most of them, in my opinion, are international snail errors in balancing vehicles. When the nerf can be controversial, “sources” magically appear, in this case an advertising brochure for the Begleit concept, in 1975.
Meanwhile you have a Japanese F-16AJ and worse things.

Begleit with 600hp and 30tn will have even less mobility than the Marder A1… with what need? Isn’t it easier for them to stop treating us like idiots and leave our vehicles alone? every s*it modification like this ruins our lineups.

1 Like

Just found this bug report about the engine and transmission
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/qJzrK2zXqxYO

4 Likes

IDK, people haven’t complained about 2S38’s mobility.
A 600HP 28.5 ton Begleit won’t be the slowest thing at the BR, it’ll be quite average for what’s there and even at 10.0; that is if it’s correct, which a number of people here are thinking it’s likely correct.

The War Thunder wiki will need to be updated if DF105 and Begleit use different power packs.

This thing is completely broken and out of the question, plus it is such a new vehicle that probably not even the Russian army knows its real specifications.

Why do you suppose that Begleit will weigh 28.5 tons? Was there a new data mine?

I cited the thunder wiki because I didn’t have the game client on hand at the time. Now, with the client open I can confirm that what the wiki says is what is currently in the game.

Maybe you don’t get the point or didn’t follow the thread from the beginning. The problem is not exactly DF105.
The problem is that the vast majority of the gearboxes in the game are fictitious and Gaijin’s argument is that Begleit could not have its 720hp engine since it is not compatible with the Marder’s gearbox (when not even the Marder uses its real gearbox in the game lol)

So in summary according to what we have we even get

A. Gaijin Begleitpanzer 57:

1. 600 hp engine.

2. Marder transmission.

3. No other changes.

B. Begleitpanzer 57 that we want:

1. 720 hp updated TAM engine.

2. TAM transmission since the begleitpanzer was built on TAM chassis.

3. APFSDS.

4. heli warning system.

5. The correct top speed of 78 kh/h.

6. Weight of 28.5 tons.

7. HOT missiles.

9 Likes

And what do we get ?
right a even more bullshit version with 1.5tn extra weight that won’t probably reduced but reduce the hp from the engine…

Meanwhile 2s38 is allowed to keep its fantasy he-vt round it never had lmao

4 Likes

Unfortunately that what we will get

Soon you will also get a Leopard 2A6 armour nerf :)))

If you know, you know.

4 Likes

wait wut ? :O

there isn’t much left for them soon to nerf…
Well good thing is if i play i play my vidar to grind the swe tree
they got the better leopards anyways

:sad:

What’s the deal with that?

TLDR its a timed fuze IRL like AHEAD should be

2 Likes

Unnamed country apparently captured a 2A6 in an unnamed conflict, and since you know how they weaponise propaganda - expect them to say armour’s bad and Gaijin will just ignore all Western sources, and nerf it to the ground :)

6 Likes

I meant as in what is wrong with 2S38 having it?

Is it a fictional shell or not compatible with cannon or smn?

its not a real He-vt like bagel or other cannons
it works more like ahead its programmed by a laser
but you can read more about it here

5 Likes

ah yes the country that also claimed it destroyed 25 Bradley’s before they even reached the not to name conflict ?

My mistake then
Everyone knows the german leopards run on hope and dreams

Stop flagging everything just because you don’t like what you read
Honestly such a childsplay

Mmmmm, so you want a 10.3/10.7 Begleitpanzer? I won’t oppose.

Not sure why Murica mentioned an aspect about 2S38 that doesn’t impact its BR at all.

Why not good speed, APFSDS that can kill barrels and tracks easily, warning against cancer helicopters and missiles with over 900mm of pen