Lets talk about the state of Germany

F-4F ICE is still exists, so they can get something, for now they have IMO the best MiG-29 in game. This is a fucking joke

That’s exactly the same situation that Japan was in before AJ though.

EJ Kai had to face off against wholey superior jets, and despite having an identical load-out, it was still getting decked on because of flight performance. ICE will suffer the same fate.

Also ye, i forgor about Hungarian Gripen tbh.

ICE will get aim-120 so germany will be in much better situation then japan previously

AIM-120’s will be largely irrelevant if gaijin doesnt fix the massive glaring multipath hypercrutch issue they rely on for “balancing”.

As long as theres a get out of jail free card against all radar missiles by just flying low, its unlikely new radar missiles will really have much of an impact…

We will see

I doubt gaijin will fix multipath with the intro of Fox-3’s.

The average glue eating WT pilot cant figure out basic SARH missile combat and tactics with the AIM-7F/M, what will they do when the AIM-120, with more range and more max G-load, equipped with a better seeker comes

As long as multipath remains as extreme as it is, players have little to no reason to get better at the game, and gaijin will continue to be limited in what they can add by players skill level

Again, after the addition of the Phantom II ICE, it’ll be another 2 years before the devs will be ready to add the Eurofighter. There are stopgap options, but for now it’s looking to be another Japan situation.

The ICE’s armament (and for that matter the EJ KAI’s) don’t mean much when you’re going up against superior airframes. All you’re doing is strapping missiles to a brick.

Surprised the devs haven’t forced a tutorial on newbies when you research first research a plane capable of using them

No devblog today

" Without devblog today? "
" we’re resting today :) "

I’m not. The devs have been allergic to giving any actual proper info to players since the start.

WT is VERY much a “figure your shit out” kind of game. In some ways, the game gives you the tools to do so (protection analysis, vehicle x-ray) but in most ways, the game gives you shit all for info, or even worse, nearly intentionally misleading info.

Good example of this is the missile (or vehicle) stat cards. They give you some info, such as “max speed” or “max turn rate”, etc… but give you no info on actual important stuff like booster dV, sustainer burn time, seeker gimbal or FoV, or missile autopilot ramp up time. This end up some CC’s peddling lies like “the AIM-7E-2 is better in CQB than the AIM-7F so you should bring a mix of both or bring the E-2 cuz nobody fights at range in WT anyways” despite this being BRUTALLY false, and nobody but the players that do deep dives on these things realize it.

1 Like

I still only have a basic understanding of radar missiles. It sucks that Escargot just expects you to learn on your own with controls that don’t even work.

WT has some very detailed and extremely complex modeling in it, in some ways more so than dedicated sims like DCS, but players have to figure that stuff out by themselves, and gaijin has chosen missile and radar tech to be the one area where they choose to handhold players instead of their typical “sink or swim” mentality

How? It would be at the same level of weaponary as other jets, while having significantly inferior flight performance, same as EJ Kai was at the time (7Fs & 9Ls).

You can always grind other tt

“Lets talk about the state of Germany”

“You can always grind other tt”

How about reading the name of the thread, and then trying to understand what it is about first?

2 Likes

Datamine is showing the stinger missiles are about to get a buff to its overload.

F-16AJ was an exception, and will likely be removed from acquisition when F-16A OCU is added.

I think having more paper vehicles is in their interest… more vehicles, more grinding. But yeah, that could happen. It won’t happen the second they add the OCU, but they’ll wait a year before removing the AJ, alongside the R2Y2s

We give them sources for 20G, they say nah and stick it to 13G

3 Likes

Yeh ikr? I didn’t wanna post it incase there was some weird rule against it on here, I’d have accepted 18g as a compromise. Happily. 13g is an insult tbh, especially when we’ve repeatedly shown every available source stating 20/22g.

1 Like