Lets talk about the state of Germany

Thats not accounting for all the new vehicles they’ll come up with, so add maybe 5-10 more years to that

SAPHIR-MW sounds like the Saphir MWIR that was mentioned in the blog.
grafik

Where’s all the money that Escargot has been making? They can’t afford to have more vehicles developed at the same time?
Especially if they outsource their development it’s a quicker process then building up their internal team.

getting vietnam flashbacks to all the bugs of the outsourced Puma that still havent been fixed

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nGyOPFsNy4mc

Unfortunately…
Escargot is just built weird.

It would actually be quite easy to develop an internal team for making 3d models, at least of tanks.

Iirc theres some large portable laser 3d scanners available that can get a highly detailed scan of large tank sized objects. Which can then be turned into models in game way faster than doing it from the ground up hoping the measurements are acurate.
(Sta1/2 turrets back in the day).

Like $50,000 for the equipment and $60,000x3 a year for a team to go out to museums and get some scans.

Obviously a lot of work would still need to be done to smooth the models out seperate the parts and all that, but significatly less than doing it from scratch.

I think they use some type of scanner. I have a custom hangar mod that allows me to walk through the hangar and I can “enter” the inside of the vehicles. The vehicles are also modeled inside (it is not a high quality modeling and lacks textures, but they are modeled).
In real life I had the opportunity to enter the interior of the TAM and TAM 2C and in the game they are modeled as they really are. Things such as baskets, radios, cannon chambers, driver’s chair or steering wheel, consoles and handlebars, etc. are modeled.

I think the interiors were scanned, no doubt. Therefore, the exteriors were also scanned. Surely the low quality interior modeling is to avoid creating a file that is too heavy.

1 Like

This is a limitation of game, currently all machine gun sights use the same quality thermal as the main sight.

2 Likes

How long before such a mechanic gets implemented?

God and developers only know

4 Likes

“There are some things even the gods don’t know.”

60% WR, russian top tier is full of bots and shitters. and flooded with premiums/squadron vehicles. If a team is 12 players, only 3 will contribute (usually even less than 3…)

Stinger Datalink report update:

4 Likes

So having multiple sources for correlating data isn’t considered reliable?

They probably have to add them to the report itself instead of posting them in the comments.

It appears the PSO actually had 42 shells instead of 37. So the hull ammorack is accurate ingame.
By the way, is there a discord for german vehicles?

3 Likes

how did they do that? and i am not aware of one

we should make one then, if it hasn’t been made already

1 Like