Lets talk about the state of Germany

If they give the 2A6 the upgrade package I’d say it’d be justified. Otherwise hell no, gen 1 thermals? At rank VIII? lol.

The round is larger.
If was only the discarding sabot was larger, the slight increase to muzzle velocity wouldn’t be as big of an increase to justify it.

1 Like

if i remember right the Dart was measured from thee advertisment vid its about 1-1,05m long dont know the diameter

It’s just a ‘new’ thermal imagining system for the Fennek to improve its reconnaissance and target engagement capabilities. It’s used in the FLW200 so you can go off that.

1 Like

Exactly. Rank 8 will be the place of the vehicles with the best armor that currently exist, APS systems, bars on the roofs, attack drones and other elements of modern warfare. The 2A6 as we have it doesn’t fit there.

That’s all I found so far as well. I’m looking for information on the thermal sensor because Gaijin gave the FLW 200 gen 1 thermals ingame.

IMO rank 8 will be for all top tier vehicles so 2A6 will be there for sure

There’s an article covering it from ES&T on scribd, though I don’t have access to it :p

Hecking paywall.

@el_Argentino
All* 11.7s will be rank 8 more than likely.

Are you talking about this one?

No, that one is dated to 2017:

Looking up LaZ 400 lead me to it, however as I said previously, I don’t have access to it so I can neither confirm nor deny whether it’s accurate, or if it actually mentions the system at all.

From my calculations theres at least 212 more ground vehicles germany could get.

At a rate of approx. 2 per patch (when we get any) it would take 106 updates and approx 20 years to add all of them.

Some of us will be dead by then. Its honetly criminal that gaijin isnt adding like 10 vehicles for each nation every update.

Hmm, I have an Esut subscibtion but it seems their website doesn’t go that far back :/

The FLW 100 can be fitted with a LAZ (Lafetten Abhängiges Zielfernrohr) 200 or LAZ 400 sensor unit. The LAZ 200 features an uncooled thermal imager with a native FOV of 8.7° and a resolution of 1,024 x 768. According to Rheinmetall, its manufacturer, the LAZ 200 can detect NATO standardized targets at a range of up to 8,700 metres and identify them at 1,700 metres distance. The LAZ 400 meanwhile features a more powerful cooled SAPHIR 2.6 MWIR thermal imager with a native FOV of 2.75° and a sensor resolution of 640 x 512. This offers an improved detection range of over 14,000 metres and an identification range of up to 3,000 metres. Both the LAZ 200 and LAZ 400 also feature CCD daylight cameras and laser rangefinders. Based on photographs from the event, the LAZ 200 sight is currently used on the Boxer RCH 155.

However due to Rheinmetall reworking their website back in 2022, finding the site where this info originates from seems to be a job impossible as the links are gone.

1 Like

I think about this daily. At this rate I will not live to see Argentine planes or some German jewels that we should have had a long time ago.
We have already received most of the base platforms available on the ground and in the air. Adding vehicles would be just copy, paste and modify.
The helicopter TT should get more love now with the new push to investigate them with ground vehicles.

Imagine if after being forgotten for 3 years, we received the new rank VIII with the same vehicles that started rank VII (2A5 and the MAN truck lol).

My hunger for more stuff for the German TT is reaching new cosmic levels.

The most popular nation in WT receiving 1 or 2 vehicles every 3 months>>>> FYG.

Haha of course SH_MM knows which sensor it uses. I should have checked that first xD
Thank you ^^

Prepare the data on the gear ratios in the box, because they were changed, the 2A7V should go faster 2A4 (accelerate)

Here’s info on Saphir 2.6:

There it’s described as; “Saphir 2.6MK Thermal Imager for Infantry Fighting Vehicle Marder with 3rd Generation Detector Technology

Not sure if 2.6 and 2.0 are one family of thermal camera’s, but Rheinmetall described 2.0 as third generation:

EDR describes it as the “latest”:

This is data without an overlay

DM73 and DM53