Lets talk about the state of Germany

I’ve been playing Germany for many years, since 2016 to be exact. I’ve completed their ground tech tree and half completed their air tech tree. After all this time, I have zero interest, because I’ve switched over to Russia and USA, who offer much better vehicles and lineups. They have better aircraft overall, heavy tanks, IFV’s, light tanks, SPAA, and especially Main Battle Tanks. Want to play Leopards? Go for Sweden, they have the best in the game. Want to have a big and diverse lineup? Go for Russia or USA. Want to fly a Phantom? Go for anyone but Germany, as they have probably the worst phantom in-game. Want to play a MiG-29? Go for Russia, as they have better aircraft leading up to it, and just recently got the Su-27. Want to play an actual German aircraft at top-tier? Well you can’t as of now, because they don’t exist yet. The only exception is the Tornado, which is only good at one thing, that being CAS. The one thing Germany has going for it anymore is their somewhat unique vehicles, which even now are outclassed by other nations. One of their most unique being the Begleitpanzer 57. It has a rapid firing 57mm autocannon that fires Armor Piercing ammo, and HE-VT. It previously had an APHE round that had good damage and good penetration, which was replaced with SAP when the begleitpanzer recieved a two-plane stabilizer and first generation thermal optics for the gunner. it has a missile launcher on the roof that fires I-TOW ATGM’s. It was unique until Russia got the 2S38, which is better in nearly every way. It has IRST tracking lock on for aircraft, 3rd generation thermal optics for the commander and gunner, an APFSDS round for the 57mm autocannon, as well as HE-VT. The rest of the more unique vehicles that have been added over the years are just useless filler vehicles that were never necessary to begin with. A few examples being the Raketenautomat (A worse version of the U-SH 405), JaPz.K A2 (Which france has as well), DF105 (which should have been given to france IMO), and the M48 Super. One issue that I’ve noticed with this latest patch is that they nerfed the composite applique armor modifiers for the Leopard 2A7, as well as all the Strv 122’s. Just seems strange that they only do this after Germany gets an equivalent MBT. I think that’s all I have on my mind. If you disagree with anything I said feel free to comment.

Also wanted to add that their helicopter tree, for a while had the best helicopter at top tier being the Eurocopter, being the only helicopter with fire and forget missiles, the PARS 3 LR. However since not too long ago, they don’t even have that, because Italy and France received helicopters with SPIKE ER missiles, which do the same thing. I can’t comment on how good or bad Spikes are, but I have heard they don’t perform that well. But I will say I think it’s good that other countries have it now.

I also think it’s rather funny that the bug report stating the Leopard 2A7V has the incredibly outdated hull and several people posting supporting evidence that it shouldn’t have said armor was forwarded as a suggestion, and not accepted as an actual bug that should be fixed.

4 Likes

Unless something changes Germany will have the smallest top tier air of any nation. All that’s left is the F-4F ICE which is just an F-4F with AMRAAM and the Eurofighter, which two other nations with way better air trees also get. Why Germany is still considered a “major nation” is beyond me.

1 Like

there is other option Swiss F/A-18C since we can have swiss hunter

Yuck no

It makes sense though, Swiss sub-tree with Gripen C and Hornet C is literally perfect for Germany.

2 Likes

Ppl are already mad at us bc of the Swiss Hunter and Argentina Sk-105 i reached the point when i start wishing for the removal of every non domestic vehicle even if it ment that the German TT will be left with nothing

I mean take alook at this

Ppl already fighting against German F-20

I really couldn’t care less about them.

German air TT is basically DOA as of today, while MiG-29G is still good, give or take ~6 months and it will be power creeped (I mean, it already is with Su-27…).

They need all the help they can get, since EFT ain’t coming until like late 2025, or even early 2026.

4 Likes

The only thing left for us is the F-20, ICE, and EFT even if all where given to Germany sooner or later all of them will be out classed by 5th gen fighters

lol This is vastly incorrect.
Italy & Britain get less aircraft than Germany.
If you hate F-4F ICE you’ll hate F-18.
That goes for @ARK_BOI too.
And you’ll hate Gripen even more.

@FurinaBestArchon
Sir, Typhoon is likely coming 2024.
And there’s F-4F ICE which for some reason ALL of you hate F-18s & F-4F ICE… which is what Russian mains hate.

1 Like

Source?

And there’s F-4F ICE which for some reason ALL you you hate F-18s & F-4F ICE… which is what Russian mains hate.

Your delusions aside, how do you expect ICE to compete with things like F-15C and more modern Su-27 variants?

It is an AMRAAM bus, nothing more to it.

2 Likes

I never said i hate F4F ICE i can welcome it just said that swiss F-18 can be in german tech tree too F4F airframe pretty much can’t keep up with gen4 (unless it have IRIS-T on it)

1 Like

AMRAAM prevents WVR…
Calling German players insults won’t help discussions.
And the source is AMRAAMs early next year, with the 0.7 BR annual increase outside decompression.

The era of dogfighting ends early next year.

According to what in-game testing? R-27ER doesn’t prevent WVR, nor the Phoenix missile, what would make AMRAAM different in any way?

Calling German players insults won’t help discussions.

As I said, your delusions aside, thanks.

And the source is AMRAAMs early next year, with the 0.7 BR annual increase outside decompression.

Source?

The era of dogfighting ends early next year.

According to?

You cite vastly inferior missiles.
AARHs end dogfighting, all you need to do is search DCS videos. WT’s combat makes AARHs stronger than in DCS due to more ergonomic controls too…
But do try & dogfight when AMRAAMs come while insulting everyone that tells you how lethal they are… you’ll be food for them.

How are they inferior?

AARHs end dogfighting, all you need to do is search DCS videos.

DCS =/= WT. I get it, you’ve got no source.

But do try & dogfight when AMRAAMs come while insulting everyone that tells you how lethal they are… you’ll be food for them.

I will? Multipath.

One relies on host radar, the other doesn’t have the maneuverability due to being designed for bombers & missiles.

AMRAAM is on the other hand very range limited, seems like it’s got its own limitations… not mentioning how it’s a much slower missile than ER, with worse kinematics etc.

My point is, AMRAAMs won’t kill off WVR dogfights lmao, thinking they will is just dumb.

I’m done with with argument.

Range limitations don’t matter for ARHs like they do SARHs.
SARHs they matter because you have to maintain lock until they hit and the missile goes faster than the jet.
ARHs? Just swing a missile at a radar signature that’s not IFF.
Especially since we’ll be starting off with 80 - 100km AARHs from the start.

If the F-20 is gonna go to a nation other than the US as an event or prem (since it was a prototype), it should go to the Chinese/RoC TT, seeing as it was designed specifically FOR Taiwan in the beginning.

The F-5G was intended to meet Taiwanese requirements but by the time the project had evolved into the F-20, Taiwan had already moved on due to export restrictions. It was never evaluated by Taiwan.