Leopard 2A7V discussion & bugs

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/qGzQYlVQxFOY
Do wonder whether the mantlet armor will be corrected

3 Likes

i have the same feeling dude

It’s on “info requested” phase, asking, again and as always… for KE numbers.

We have lost again. The schematic with clearly visible thicknesses was not enough.

4 Likes

Oop back to reddit to keep letting the wider community know.

Spoiler alert: they angy.

3 Likes

as i said before Gaijin is asking for numbers that are classified i knew this day would come with modern tanks

3 Likes

For some reason, 2A7V’s UFP can be penned even at 83º, even though APFSDS shells are meant to ricochet at 81º.

At least they changed the plate’s angle from 81º to 82º, but… what for if anything will punch through anyway? xD

5 Likes

if this makes it to the live server i will just grind for the 90M to keep my sanity

a friend tested just now it says you can pen but in game you cant for some reason

Oh! Armor viewer shenanigans, maybe

1 Like

seems more like its that

El pibe menos dramático XD.

Germany, unlike Sweden, is solid across all BRs. While it could be argued that is no more the top dog who used to be, the german top tier experience is strong with 4 meta tanks (better than the Arietes, Challengers, Merkavas and Leclercs), a good helicopter (UHT>>>Apaches) and decent support vehicles (TAM 2C, Kancerwagon, Flakradkad…)

Where Germany has potential for expansion (Eurofighter, Puma with Spikes, EMBT…), Sweden is fucked on the long run.

Depends on the map…but thats Off-topic

fla rak rad It’s the second-worst, 11.7 Spain first place. OTOMATIC, VT1 does not immediately make it op. the ITO It’s much better while having the same missile and stock Btw with 3rd generation thermals, the UHT is very situational and depends on having a map with no cover. As of now, the Radkampfwagen does not have anything else than a 105 DM33, which makes it a good light tank at its br, but it’s not filling a top-tier lineup, and the TAM2C is good but won’t fit any top-tier lineup either, and people can’t comprehend how badly the lack of missiles on the PUMA, and the fact that Gaijjin butchers German tanks for no reason makes it absolutely annoying since that means our tanks get artificially nerfed every time Gaijin wants to, and we are done with them doing that, that’s it.

3 Likes

Nr 1 careful the f word can give a few days forum ban, talking out of experience and to add what Unholy said. The swedish tree will just start receiving norwegian leo 2a8 and already has a possible spaa finished with the nasaam iris t slm launcher from kongsberg. That with their solid Cvs, they still have a good future ahead of them

3 Likes

Btw, I may be mistaken and if not I’m by no means complaining, but is there any reason why the 2a7 is able to depress more while facing backwards than the other leos 2? (for example the 2a6)

Gaijin butchers any ground vehicle that is not russian (Stormer HVM, HSTVL, KF41, Ariete and ZTL11 as examples); that’s not exclusive of the German tech tree.

2 Likes

Clearly he isnt aware of the absolute sh-tshow that is the new abrams lmao

i am aware of the show about the abrams and i’ve been sending my support to the US mains aswell i’ve also tried to fight along to buff the ariete and so far nothing but im not saying that only the german vehicles are being butchered but its comparing the tech trees of sweden to germany, sweden has a much more consistant lineup and even has a better leopard than the 2A6 and the argument is “the 2A6 is better cuz it has more pen” yes it has more pen but the damage of the M95 from the strv 122 its much more consistant than that of the DM53, im not saying germany suffers im just saying this kind of behavior towards nato tanks its just not acceptable. Also in this specific spot in the gaijin forums we are talking about the Leopard 2A7V, some players have been feeling discouraged of playing germany because of what gaijin has been doing and in this spot we are talking about germany not about other tech trees.

3 Likes

Interesting, although looking at the image, it seems to be a problem with the 2A6 and not the 2A7.

Abrams sucks, I agree with you, but that doesn’t make Germany’s situation any better.