Leopard 1 is way too weak at 8.0

This is what the best 8.0 tank in the game looks like, must be miserable for literally everything else if even the Leopard isn’t pulling a positive k/d.

1 Like

you say its “bad” but you are/were just bad With it… leopard 1 was Very strong at 7.3 and is still very strong at 8.0

uh… care to clarify which tank that is?

Only one of the stats to look at mobility. A lot has to do with other soft stats. I’ve played both and don’t feel as if either is actually slower than the other.

TS stats

The Leopard obviously.

Okay, give me a better source.

it was very poorly worded, sooo no, it wasnt obvious, but yup… its a good tank

The lack of a better source does not excuse the use of a useless one.

For me Leopard 1 is clearly the worst of the Leopard family. Its winrate is in fact alot lower than all the others and its KD as well. Its around 0.7 or something. While the others are up to 2.0 KD. At least mostly over 1.0.

Statistics don’t lie. The combination of no armor + abysmal HEAT FS postpen + long reload is toxic. At any BR. You could lower it to 7.0 I guess…and it wouldn’t be better. Some vehicles just don’t work well within the War Thunder game mechanics. I mean I play all the Leopards the same MBT way. Just for the Leopard 1 its as bad.

12123t 2024-04-26 035439

almost like people Can be bad with it… such as yourself.

There are only a couple 8.0s with any useful armor (Which is usually rendered meaningless since none of them can survive even HEAT and Sabot, let alone APFSDS). They all share almost exactly the same rounds with few exceptions (Seriously, main APDS), and all outside the Vickers have the same (or worse) reload.

Yes, the 8.0-10.0 compression hurts the Leopard, but it hurts all of the 8.0 MBTs, many of them much worse than the Leopard (Poor, poor M60 and T-54). The Leopard is one of the least affected MBTs, since it’s advantages in mobility still work even in uptiers. It’s situational, but that’s an issue with the map rotation, not the vehicle.

If you play the unstabilized Leopard like you play the stabilized ones, no wonder you’re having issues with it. Play it more passively, use it’s great mobility to preemptively outposition your opponents, use it’s great kit for sniping to hit people from positions they don’t expect, then relocate before you get pinned down.

3 Likes

I think you simply don’t understand my argument. But its ok.

That’s a problem with your reading comprehension then, in a topic about the Leopard, you made a comment about the Leopard calling it the best tank, I reply to your comment about the Leopard that you call the best tank, I referenced your comment about calling it the best tank, I mentioned the Leopard in my post and yet you are confused about what tank it is about.

According to you… I guess instead we should just blindly rely on people’s bold claims.

OF-40 is objectively better though. Composite (therefore better) armor. Same gun. Same ammo. LRF. Similar speed and acceleration. Better crew placement. An incredible lineup (R3 T106, ZSU-23-4, M47/105 as a backup MBT, ZSU-57 or BTR if you so chose.) It, statistically, is just better.

oh, no, i totally get it.

list the top ten 8.0 tanks

again, i also would put the OF-40 above the Leopard 1, but it Can be argued, realistically that you/they prefer the leopard 1 and find it to be better

absolutely not… You were like… yeah if they cant with a tank, then their tank isnt good, with tanks,
but leopard

So mentioning leopard does nothing. You left the door to possible misunderstandings WIDE open… Its your job as a individual to make sure the door is closed, or at least barely open.

It doesn’t have any composite, just spaced armor, which is thin enough to not meaningfully impact the protection. It’s also only on the turret sides, so the nonexistent increased protection doesn’t even factor in in frontal engagements.

The crew placement is effectively identical. The loader is maybe half a meter further to the middle, but that doesn’t stop a stop on the left side knocking out three crew, or a shot on the right side igniting the first stage ammo rack.

I’d take Germany 8.0 over Italy 8.0 any day. DF-105, Raketenautomat, BMP-1, Raketenjadgpanzer 2 for hulldown immunity, plus Marder 1A3 and Wiesel for scouting and incidental AA work. Sure, it’s not particularly flexible, but neither is Italy 8.0

To Italy’s benefit, the Shilka is better at dedicated SPAA work, but still not excellent at it, and in return really struggles in an AT role. And it has better CAS options. That’s about it.

The OF-40 is still probably overall better than the Leopard, but the difference is pretty minor.

2 Likes