Lack of light tanks in British tech tree

You might be right might be higher.I agree re WW2 but then many don’t seem to care and we could argue Gaijin don’t. 76 mm L23A1 gun is pretty pokey so it might slot in near the Chieftain which would be nice. Im surprised they didn’t do the Saladin and all sorts of others. Maybe they don’t think the UK is a big enough market? Not sure.

3 Likes

I think it really depends on what shells the Scorpion fired. I think it might have only been HESH, but I could be wrong about that.

But yeah, we are in an absolute desperate need for light tanks. Its a shame we got the SA line instead of a light tank line. We have plenty to choose from

5 Likes

I believe it fired HESH, HET and canister (shrapnel) from its L23A1. only being able to deal with other paper armour tanks at most would be sufficient for its in-game role

2 Likes

with how many years it took for the TOG ii to be added it may just be that there isn’t enough British mains out there for it to be taken seriously

1 Like

It was exported around the place and had a 90mm gun upgrade in some places.

1 Like

Yep, sounds right, So perhaps the Scorpion 90 might be better, But even just the Scimitar

But also stuff like the Fox would be really fun. Or the FV712 Ferret Mk5 with Swingfires

5 Likes

Problem of Britain isn’t in lack of light tanks.

Depends on BR. All nations have sweet spots I feel.

1 Like

Gaijin rely on 3rd parties to make assets.

A group of enthusiasts produced models for an SA line.

Those accepted were added as models were there and in theory saved anyone else bothering.

But that is why we have SA but lack domestic light tanks.

Don’t forget the Crusaders, just like the AEC II (I and II should be added in tech tree) it used to be the only GB light up to 8.0 (5 whole BRs lacking a light).

I love the AEC II as you can tell from my details, but none were at 3.0 of those 2000+, mostly as support for 4.7, 5.3, old 5.7, 6.0, 6.3, 6.7, 7.0 (you get the idea, up to 7.7), and in a full uptier with the more wonky lineups I used the 3.0 to actually murder Tigers, KTs, ISs, Jumbos, Panthers, even Leopards and other at 7.7 (back then). Still managed well in it considering it is actually quite big and cannon fodder even at its own BR. The Crusader II can be used the same due to the 130mm pen at 0m.

So yeah, GB can do with some of the early WWII and those already mentioned. Almost all have been Suggested to Gaijin already, and I see no issue with merging SA with a foldered Light tank line since they can’t have more than 5 lines in the tech trees (apparently).

1 Like

britain from 6.7-8.3 is very enjoyable ill agree that low tier is horrendous

1 Like

Ironically, that is the BR range that I don’t like for Britain 😂

Though I’m not a fan of lower BR GRB at all

1 Like

Scorpion 90 has the same Cockerill 90mm mk 3 gun as the Italian AUBL/74 which means the UK could potentially be as irritating at 6.7 as the Italians are but with Tea instead of Pizza and fatter, uglier women.

2 Likes

The sheer volume of content missing from the British trees, especially the ww2 tanks is beyond disgusting.

2 Likes

I woud love to see the british scorpion break the world speed record on WT

1 Like

Dont speak like that about my matilda

2 Likes

I just hoping my other half doesn’t read this :) I’ll be making my own Tea.

2 Likes

Does any other AFV in the game have both a boiling vessel and a commode built in?
Should damage to said boiling vessel be built into the game? or maybe time out simulated where the gunner is taking a dump on the commander’s seating position?

1 Like

Time to add a morale mechanic for crews

2 Likes

You dont want to know what gets put into jerry cans on side of vehicles

2 Likes

Tis a thing of beauty and should be a feature in the game somehow

2 Likes