KV-1A - Klimi a Finnish KV-1 model 1942

And nobody wants to play a tank that cant fight back either. Especially if you have to pay to get it. Also i used logic to explain why it would be 5.0, it is better armor wise than the Zis 5, and it is better technically thsn the german version because it doesnt have the cupola. In exchange for the german model having a usable gun. The problem is that it wont be a good tank unless its a full downtier in which its still not as good as some of its contemporaries KV-1B/E fair trade off imo, gun for armor. Neither will be able to kill each other easily but the difference in BR is staggering for the slight changes.

If gaijin actually cared about balance wed see much better decompression and maybe these vehicles wouldn’t be so downtier reliant. Regardless its also silly to bother playing the finnish version when i have a better lineup on russia especially when vehicles like the T34-57 still sit at 4.7

There we go!

1 Like

Sucks that it’ll have no real lineup to play with which kills the vehicle for me, unless gaijin decides that it should be 4.3 and just ignores the Zis-5 at 4.7

1 Like

Sadly it’s a premium, meaning the Swedish tree still has no tech tree heavy tanks. And most likely never will since this was one of the very few options for that.

5 Likes

It never will. Finland is the only nation that could give heavies and 2 at that unless gaijin accepts a thrid tank finland captured repaired and then blew up before officially going into service.

KV-1B is forever going to be a german vehicle.

It’s flagged as a Finnish vehicle, I didn’t test if it got the Finnish crew voices, but yeah, sadly it won’t ever come to the Swedish/Finnish tech tree.

Which again fucks sweden by not getting a vehicle with an actual lineup. Who cares right gaijin will sell this garbage to players wanting a KV-1 only for them to find its not gonna have a lineup nor will it be able to handle most ontier vehicles.

We can still pray for the Kranvagn, tho i have little hope

Yeah it sucks, im probably gonna try for another Finnish KV-1

@Teh0 any reason why it has a roof mounted gun? I literally couldn’t find evidence of the fins mounting it? Aside from a BT that was mounted with a finnish KP-/31

1 Like

Smin gave me his answer, it was "because other KV-1A’s could

I was wonder about that as well. Haven’t seen a single photo of Klimi with that AA-machine gun mount. I think it’s just there to make model 1942 slightly different from model 1941.

Good to see they didn’t forget that headlight cover on the front.

Im gonna try and see about getting our mystery KV accepted but info on it is lacking. Not enough vehicle history and it gets denied. Its what happened to my t34 76 post.

Spoiler

Postwar Finnish T34_76 Mod_ 1942. The Finnish T34s served until 1959
T34_3 (1)
681ec67f18b4e81e83bec53ad93c1e007df969c1

Pretty unique imo similar to the german version since they bought 3 from germany.

1 Like

For reasons and logic KV-1 model 1942 is starting at 5.0. Lets hope it drops down before the update goes live.

1 Like

@AlvisWisla i told you what BR it would be and as I predicted its DOA lets go!

You predicted the live server BR not dev server. Not gonna let you change your claim. ;)

1 Like

Eh im fine with that, regardless of 4.7 or 5.0 its worthless

It also adds “utility” to the tank, making it easier to justify its BR, regardless of whether people agree that it makes that much of a difference or not.

At 4.7 it could become popular with one-death-leavers, though.

1 Like

I tried to think the logic behind making this a premium. It was already revealed that one will be added into Soviet TT, because they lack heavies around that BR range?? Despite that, there would likely be far more people buying a Soviet premium KV-1 m1942 than Finnish KV-1 m1942, simply because Soviet TT is that much more popular. The latter simply isn’t worth it due to lineups. It won’t gather much interest in Soviet TT among all the other heavies, while in Swedish TT it would have been something different.

This also happens to be against what people in the poll asked for.

Then there is also the BR. Is it in any way better than KV-1 m1941 due to cast modifiers? Strangely the devblog says “the turret is rounded with 100 mm on the side and 82 - 90 mm on the front”. In game KW I C 756 (r) with the same turret has 105mm all around. Only the gun mantlet is different due to gun change. Perhaps the model is outdated? For now I haven’t found source stating 82-90mm turret front. Why would it have worse armor there?

Of course there is nothing at 4.7 to play it with, but if you do buy this, then maybe playing it with few lower BR tanks as backup won’t be that bad? Sweden even has nice 4.3 and 4.7 premium fighter planes and some bombers at same BRs. Placing it at 5.0 simply makes options worse.

@Smin1080p_WT can you enlighten us about this seemingly backwards logic of making this a premium at 5.0 BR and if the turret armor is correct?

3 Likes

I spend several hours checking sources about the KV-1 turret armors.

At some point add-on plated 75mm was ditched in favour of 90mm welded turrets. Unfortunately some documents list just 75mm. Likewise the cast turrets got thicker and the only apparent visual difference is the rear machine gun. Judging from that, the Finnish KV-1 m1942 should have heavier reinforced turret. This should have over 100mm sides. One russian document states 110mm and 120mm is claimed by secondary sources.

According to British report, their KV-1 m1941 in Bovington has 90mm mantlet, 82mm front and 100mm sides. This has different rear machine gun port, so it should be the lighter turret. KW I C 756 (r) is also modelled with the lighter turret, but in game the armor does not match with British KV-1.