Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Well, as I read now, the main contractors: Germany (Krauss-Maffei-Wegmann and Rheinmetall), Spain (Santa Bárbara Sistemas and TESS Defence), Should join, but there is no confirmation yet: Italy (Leonardo) and Sweden (Saab)

Please…dont bring my hopes up

eh there is different articles , just took the first one, and completly overread the spanish company myself because it didnt sound like a company to me lol

Spoiler

welp from what i’m seeing it’s just a matter of “both governments want something but the industry doesn’t care”.
Cause i think some official met some weeks ago regarding this matter

It’s physically too large to fit into a blog post

It’s the Schwerer Gustav

they already did meet quite some time ago, where they agreed to make the tank modular to allow the integration of either the 140mm nexter cannon or the rheinmetall 130mm cannon. it is just that france still is continuing to make problems, there is supposed to be new meetings, but like i said fact is contracts with the other nations already stand

If its a serious enough bug or issue they’ve discovered, they may not want to announce because once they do that, they kinda have to release. No announcement means they dont have to release it this update.

MAWS for the Gr7 was apparently suppose to come last update, but had some bug and so was never announced and so never came .

2 Likes
Spoiler

nexter making problem for its 140 while rheinmetall literally invited itself in the project ?
I’m sorry but it seems more like a case of france being too nice here

it is a fact that rheinmetall is well known for its cannon and the better developer in that regard. The 120mm cannon is used on leopards, challenger, m1a1 abrams, type m90s and K1A1

Gaijin
Best thing i can do is a indian MiG-29.

Hmm, maybe it actually is a plane with MAWS and they still haven’t quite managed to get it to perform to their satisfaction

Rh130mm is a cannon built upon proved principles, however, Nexter 140mm ASCALON incorporates a few experimental features that are worth to test. I still think that is too early to know which calliber will be the NATO standard for the next 50 years.

Weird considering Helis do it fine lol

Potentially. Not sure what though.

maybe sth like that shouldnt be tested on a big project like the MGCS but rather on other light tank carriers

Where it is? Where is the dev blog?

Not today bro 😪

Oh ok

They never post on Mondays I don’t think.
We could expect one tomorrow though.