Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I forgot about the MICA at that time. When it comes to other 2 i dont think they are comparable. P4 seeker uses mix of IR and UV irrc and R-74M2 is considere equivalent to ASRAAM

Suprising

Im still not entirely sure why people think UK will get Gripen

Gripen

• Decently fast
  • Nimble
  • Average number of hardpoints

Sea Harrier FA2

• Subsonic
  • Limited Hardpoints
  • Limited CMs
  • Limited weapon configuarions
  • Low turn performance

This is on top of the fact they’ve spent all year getting the Sea Harrier FRS1 “finished” (nearly) and is basically 90% of the way to the FA2 already. Throw in the fact its Britians last domestic Gen 3 we could get, and if it was added any other time. it would be a lower tier filler like the FRS1 one was and boom. FA2 this year. Remmeber, this is Britain we are talking about, not US or USSR.

(its also the perfect test bed for the next gen of radars)

Well looks like that is it for today

eh recent devblogs were a lot late ones

1 Like

no blog today, oxy said it

subsonic with better radar and missiles can’t solve the situation.

mhm

Btw from the earlier F-111K talk pic were found of the two aircraft.

Precisely. Look at the past year… It would technically be 12.3 but would be the worst 12.3 in game. Now for a few reasons, I’d still be very happy if we got the FA2, but only till we saw the next gen of aircraft, F-15s etc will destroy it. Remember, Gaijin hates Britain

I think we got a new contender now other than Harriers and Tornados

Ima be real…I just want anything that can kill things at top tier for Britain lol

embt still has an APS so there’s that.

as for mgcs, nobody is getting kicked, as far as I know. Now to be fair, i don’t think either of those programs is going to end well, both countries are trying to favor their industries first (france yes, but germany too)

Maybe… Would just be frustrating if we got the FA2 in 2 or 3 years as a SQV. If nothing else, I dont think we’d get something like the F-18 or Gripen in the same update as Sweden/US got it. Thinking German Mig-29, maybe March at the earliest. So would still leave something this year and its just too perfect of a test platform/low performance for them to skip

From the sounds of it new mechanic/weapons (not fox 3s) or just some odd low tier vehicle.

1 Like

No dev-blog today?

Sea Harrier with AMRAAMs would be awesome, but honestly, they stated during the last dev stream, ARH missiles will be added to the game to every nation, all at once, not some getting it first. So I dont see Sea Harrier FA.2 being much good if it is added.

Plus we just had 2 back to back Sea Harriers. I think we’re more likely to either:

• Get absolutely nothing
  • Get a gnat or useless gunfighter
  • Get a Gripen or F/A-18
  • Get a Harrier Gr.9A or some other HMCS capable jet
1 Like

IRCCM isn’t everything you know.

yes magic II are good if you fire them in the correct parameters, but those aren’t easy to reach. the 1.8 s fuze activation and its horrific aerodynamics are also to take into consideration.
As for 530D, since the pid changes you can just forget long range shots, not to mention the fuze bug (but hey at least that one affects everyone)

gotta say tho, france is stuck in that uncomfortable place where mica’s are too good but its predecessors are really meh

Yeah, prehaps. It entirely depends on how they add ARH. If they all get Aim-120B or equivalent, then they’d be relatively weak. If some got C equivalents and others B equivalents then it might not be too bad. And they could yet add things like the Av-8B+ to US as an AMRAAM carrier instead of giving it to the F-16C. So slim hope there

I am still so fucking mad we got a cheap copy paste “early” Sea Harrier instead of the Sea Harrier FRS.51

Also, gimme back my red-tailed Sea Harrier camo

it very much is a thing and plans to exclude france were already on the way Deutschland, Italien, Spanien und Schweden arbeiten gemeinsam an der Entwicklung eines europäischen Panzers der nächsten Generation, der den Leopard 2 ersetzen soll | Gagadget.com

Besides that the EMBT still isnt realy optimal since the armor on the turret is realy thing compared to leclercs and leopards