Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Su-39 has the “Enhanced NVG” which I think is neat, not sure we need thermal (it would be nice though). MiG-29 SMT with a decent pod would be nice QOL too.

MiG-23 and 27 models wouldn’t really need to be modified much at all, sling an existing pod on there with KAB-500L’s which are already in game as an asset, and bam. You have a new “MiG-23/27 98” 11.3-12.0 depending on offensive weaponry. They could also do a new squadron or premium vehicle and just give us the upgraded Indian MiG-27 which had a lot of the “98” concepts applied.

No need to develop much as the game files are already there, and shifting BR’s doesn’t take much.

Sure. I misremembered I guess lol. 11.0 is still nice, I can run either a 10.7 or 11.0 lineup and not get stretched into 11.3 because of my CAS selection. It’s a nice move.

Dude, it was a damn sh*tfilled barge on release. R-77 was extreme, but either of the other two missiles would’ve made it a lot more tolerable.

It’s really a lot deadlier if it closes the gap, most 10.0 planes are gonna be okay.

1 Like

t8bn7zdvjewa1

from: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/130ap6l/jas39c_confirmed_forum_link_in_comments/

I can’t find any link to a confirmation from the russian forum, which is why I have my doubts about that being genuine, it could be that the devs were a bit overconfident when they stated the gripen would be coming this year.
Maybe they actually thought developing modern radars and ARHs would go quicker or the Maverick hype would get them more cash to blow of 4th and 4.5th gen jets

Would never want to encounter one though in the Jaguar Gr1 or Hunter F6, both would be DOA pretty quick

I wouldn’t want to face one in a MiG-23M, 14 flares or whatever? Good luck.

I mean, in the end of it it was strange that something like the Gripen was (“confirmed”) that early of the Year, thats why I also said more of its (“Confirmed”)/Planned back them…^^

1 Like

Currently it is double as you can flare it(wink at the hunter), but after it gets ultimately buffed 25 will have to go up again

Yeah, and the Jaguar Gr1 doesnt have flares either :P and I can realistically see a Jaguar Gr1 encountering a Su-25 on the way to bomb a base

I forgot about the normal jag. My brain got so used to the A it ignored the normal one existence

The only which I found where some YT which used in EN translated ones
(Wait a minute…)
Edit: nvm

1 Like

Yeah, and gets confusing with naming schemes, because Gr1, Gr1 and Gr1 are 3 different aircraft.

(why they went with F4J(UK) and Not Phantom F3)

1 Like

Naval is only good if the builders are time based

It’s like saying that F-16 shares pretty much everything with EF2000. You shouldn’t compare heavy air superiority fighters with light fighters.

Especially in JAS39C - EF2000 case you should take into account T/W ratio, MTOW and how max air-to-air payload would affect their flight performance.

2 Likes

True, but got other heavy fighters due very soon as well. F-15 and Su-30 are both probably “Soon”

Typhoon is what you get when you cross a Gripen with an F-15

Well, appreciate ya trying to find it, glad to see that I am not the only one with doubts towards that confirmation

For T/W, with 4 AMRAAM, 2 9L and 1500 kg of fuel per engine the RB.199 Eurofighter is 0.53 dry, 0.95 wet. Gripen C is 0.56 dry, 0.84 wet

2 Likes

Ngl I would like a commonwealth stand in right now

1 Like

As in new nation?

And for that exact reason it should be added with Gripen C, unless Gripen got some more advanced missiles to compensate.

Indian Mig-29, South African Gripen, some sorta commonwealth F-16. There are certainly options some of which open us to even more (SU-30MKI, Tejas). But if im honest i don’t think i wanna see them. Its not like the Soviet tree is tricky to grind. The Gripen is the exception to that as its in excess of 35% British i caj gaslight myself into believing its justified that we get it

1 Like

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Prototype Typhoon is fine with JAS39C (early) addition. Production Typhoon - nope.

I just don’t know when are you guys talking about prototype or production variant so just I assume it’s the latter.