Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

The thing is i feel shitty complaining because no matter how you spin it, we have the largest tree, but the cruisers take up 6 spaces but then you get the to BB’s and BC’s and we still have more.

But the quality i think is worse, if it were up to me Glorious wouldnt have been included as yet and instead HMS Lion after invincible, then a properly modelled Renown would be 6.7 behind Hood at top tier.

Britain actually has a lot of cool and unique things to be added at this br. Agincourt springs to mind immediately.

More of a general naval problem, most ships don’t seem to have radar modeled.

Yeah… but it was what the RN were famous for in WW2. Shame they have the fewest radar equipped ships (I believe)

Yeah, its a old Thunder League skin from 2015. when you go to your profile and to the camo section you can see some unobtainable skins like these

2 Likes

I just love the loop of pain that is naval and heli pve. Less players play it so it gets less attention, it gets less attention so less players play it. Infinite loop of pain

SB is the same. 75% of the reason I want something A2A capable is that the ground pound in SB gets really repetitive really fast and it just doesn’t need to be

Might not be a huge handicap for long, going off the leaks:

Honestly even I as a naval player find it to be very tedious at points, grinding through the British cruisers has been utter hell. Worse than my experience playing the chieftains against the PUMA when it was 8.3

Ah yes i forgot SB. Heh

Was it? More of an American thing considering how much of an advantage it gave them over Japan. How many, British ships get radar that have them visually modeled? I’m not very far in the tree myself so I can’t check. I know that only 2 or 3 Japanese ships at most have them despite visually being able to see the radars spinning. And Lorraine has the mount for a radar but has no radar present.

Interesting, what does that have other than the 4.5 inch guns we have on the other DDs

The radar on tbe Iowas was a British one which we actually used as the reserve radar on the Vanguard. Thoroughly a UK thing the US just had more room and money to refit it onto their ships than we did

Eight Exocet 's. And possible two twin 40mm CIWS, depending on the refit it comes in.

I cnat tell. The only 2 times i touched naval was beta in the ger torpedo boats and frank knox before the economy update. 1st one i dont remember, 2nd was me vs players with the same playstyle every game (i dodged a bullet there, you cant talk about them here) getting better and better untill i got ammo in the first minute of battle

Top Tier Strike Aircraft are not always available to nations, however most nations have something that can fit in a line-up. In the case of the USSR it is REALLY noticable due to lacking anything with all the characteristics that make a top end strike plane.

Strike aircraft need these things to be “Best”

• Thermals
  • Lock/Track Target Acquisition
  • Guided Ordinance, FnF or LGB/GBU
  • Supersonic
  • AAMs
  • CMs
  • RWR w Tracking/Launch and wide range bands

Best Strike aircraft in game are as follows due to these features:

• Mirage 2000D-R1
  • Tornado IDS
  • AV-8B+
  • Harrier GR.7
  • Su-25T/39

After that you get into far less capable platforms, USA/SWE/ISR/JPN completely lack a dedicated 11.0 Strike aircraft but in all cases are remedied by the F-16s doing double duty (SWE will have JA-39 soon) Russia has the SMT which is all good but the Su-24/F-111 would provide a new aspect of gameplay and excellent line-up additions.

5 Likes

British ships had some of the first radars and the ability to track ships with radar. Bismark and Scharnhorst were ultimately felled in no small part due to radar superiority on British ships

Ah nice, yeah, that would be really fun

You know what this means. Who is taking one for the team?

Sorry i dont know, im half asleep

I know they were mostly British inventions, I was more referring to how they were used more “famously” used on US ships. Especially during Guadalcanal when the Japanese still had none. Or radar picket ships detecting kamikaze waves.
Never really think of the Atlantic or Med theaters myself.

1 Like