Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Middle range Multi-Purpose Missile System (Chū-MPMS) is it called but we also got this version

Type 96 Multi-Purpose Missile System but i think this one cant operate the missiles itself

Yeah, probably. And Id never expect Brimstone to ever be able to find its own target. Imagine a Harrier Gr9 spawning, firing off 18 Brimstones, getting up to 18 kills whilst its heading back to base to re-arm.

Never going to happen. Im guessing they’ll essnetially be longer range versions of the AGM-65, but they’ll automatically go for weakspots and maybe re-acquire the target if its breaks LOS temporarily

ooooh this makes it even more interesting

cries in german brimstoneless tornado

2 Likes

Muhaha. I really wouldnt put it past Gaijin to make out next “top tier” aircraft that we’ve been promised Just a Tonrado Gr4 with Brimstone. What they did last year

it can the passenger on the side should have an infrared image monitor in the launch vehicle to control the missile since its not fire and forget its remotely controlled

i feel they are gonna artificially nerf them by giving them less range and damage and maybe same problems as the pars

eh with more spike carriers at one point they gotta reword the targeting

what was actually tested with just the 3bm22 was an ukranian aps, and it also did extremely well against it

1 Like

Actually, Not really needed. Same range as the PGMs and AGM-65 have (in theory) its mostly the more advanced guidance and the fact you can take a lot lot more. Tornado Gr4 can take 12. Gr9A, 18.

So wouldnt need any range handicap, besides would likely need manually targetting (if nothing else, Id not trust it having some form of IFF) so it would be capped by Tpods anyway. I doubt Gr4 would get anything better than TIALD.

As for damage. that would suck, but if it was modeled right, it should at least hit weakspots

FAF system likes to attack everything except weakspots in war thunder

i may have confused it then

Fires 18 Brimstones, kills entire friendly team, including those in Helis and planes

1 Like

could the gr9a theoreticaly just act like a better KA 52 ? lol, just spawn hover at airfield shoot all your missles and land again, that would be fun

they really need to rework the system since its completely uneffective and unreliable

for one thing they could make us actualy choose if we would want top attack or direct hit

pls no

1 Like

Yep, you can rearm a Gr7 by landing on a heli pad and then it just spawns you in the air already flying.

So you could fire from any heli pad basically, outside of LoS and range of anything, and just keep landing

hey at least it would be a change of pace and russia would lose its air superiority for once

Yeah, that would be good, so many Hellfires miss when close because they try to top attack