Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

i feel this is a more reallistic outgoing for the future since as far as im aware i havent seen them develop any new ammo for their MBT’s either so its probably gonna be the case in the future to buy DM63

Would make sense if they did. Using their own ammo when not part of NATO makes sense. If Sweden got involved in a war, then NATO might not be able to send them ammo directly or risk involvement. So self production is probably a good idea. Now they are a part of NATO, that worry is eliminated. So everyone using the same shell, or at least compatiable shells is the entire point of NATO. Which is why Chally 3 for example is going smooth bore

Took the Brits long enough lmao

1 Like

They stuck with rifled because they wanted to keep HESH, proved very valuable in Iraq.

You want from 20 mins

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/IlcRsMB9SwM?t=1205

2 Likes

also i haven’t heard anything about Germany even selling DM73 for other nations and not even any nation interested in buying it since there is no published info about it except the fact that its a new development, lets not say since L55A1 was made to fire this shell for the higher chamber pressure that means America should make a cannon good enough to hold that pressure without breaking too quickly or straight up blowing up, tbh with all respect saying that the M1A2 can fire the DM73 its statement wrong in many senses

brits: BESH my beloved

All shall fear the brits with their tea making facilities

They likely couldve made a HESH round suitable for smoothbore cannons, its more likely that the Brits are very set in their ways and wanted to remain semi-unique in using a rifled gun

made me remember that one photo of the brits casually getting the special tea kettle in their tank and serving a tea
boiling vessel:
Ngl its honestly hilarious how its equipped with everything you need

1: dispenser(check)
2: ready alarm/light(check)
3: easy boiling device aka engine(check)

2 Likes

Potentially, though in that video it states HESH needs rifled. Which makes sense. It needs gyro-stabilisation for accuracy. But shells like L27A1 are fine stabilised. Hint APFSDS. They dont need any spin for accuracy

1 Like

When Abrams Coca-Cola machine

IIRC isnt there a system that smoothbores use for spin stabilized round or am I just schizo?

I have no idea, beyond my scope of knowledge. Probably though, Im sure HESH is a tool other nations havent entirely forgotten

abrams getting sundae machine, sadly it will meet the fate of every one of them, !OUT OF SERVICE!

1 Like

brits about to make fin stabilized HESH

No, RH120 L/44 can’t fire DM73, because of too low chamber pressure limit ~700MPa.
Abrams chamber pressure limit for M256 is massive, at ~780MPa.
L/55’s chamber pressure limit is ~730MPa.
IDK how true the RH120 pressure limits are, but the M256 pressure limit comes from an official [unclassified & distribution unrestricted] test document.
Also, normal Arietes have DM53 as well, not just AMV.

Also used to make stews, soups, etc.
Equipped in most if not all NATO tanks, and most IFVs. Including but not limited to Bradley, Abrams, Stryker…

I would not be surprised.

But standard issue for Brits since WW2

as far as i know abrams cant handle the pressure of DM73 even tho its quite big wich made me remember to ask, what was the chamber pressure of the type 10? i only remember being quite insane

Dunno the Type 10’s gun limits, nor the Type 10 round’s pressures.