Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

my own thought, always looks great when someone posts something with secret written on it

Its not classified.

Ever thought about the internal armour difference?

Have you ever paid any attention to other slides from Mr. Lindstrom’s presentation? I don’t think you have, because then you’d see that initially Germany opted for B-technology base armour (350mm of protection) and MEXAS-H add-on, combined they would provide about ~670mm of protection in terms of kinetics.

Sweden’s solution on the other hand was using C-technology armour and MEXAS-H add-on, wanna know the protection difference? 80mm, identical to protection difference between B-technologie and C-technologie (350mm vs 430mm).

Sweden had never developed an armour of their own for the Strv 122, they just paid extra for better internal composite.

What makes me think it uses MEXAS-H? Because Leopard 2E and Leopard 2HEL also use it, and they weight about the same, so either the Swedish developed a better armour at a lower weight (good luck), or it’s MEXAS-H.

You could find it in some reports in our issue part.

From what been happening I don’t think Israel will have another Merkava.

We see more T series tanks being added don’t we?

because its max br for helis? where the hell do you want it to go???

1 Like

the chances of it comming ar from 0.000005% why another F16? why a T84?

Soon TM

Italy is very underrated by the community. Grinding Hungarian additions, I play it more again, currently having a lot of fun at 10.3 (2A4 is insane even stock + Ariete (P) + Freccia and etc). Arietes though are not that good apart from Pre-Serie, because they are tanks without armor, which br is justified basically only by the addition of the shell with better penetration. They need weights/protection rework and then br adjustment.

I agree with that SWE got better internal, but the internal for 122 should be D-tech level.80mm
difference cannot be an evidence for your viewpoint.
We know GER put TVM MAX into SWE test.
Difference between 122 and L2A5 in german service.
Except top protection and add on armor for chassis, It also got improved integrated protection package, which was the main differences between 122 and L2A5. L2A5 has C-tech chassis protection.

Leopard 2 - Sweden - MEXAS Heavy. As direct as it can be, they are using MEXAS-H. Period.

IBD’s MEXAS-H was provided a cheaper protection upgrade solution for L2A4, not A5.

Dude, what are you talking about?

MEXAS-H was an important armour upgrade for all Leopard 2A5+ tanks. Including but not limited to;

• Strv 122
  • Leopard 2A5DK
  • Leopard 2E
  • Leopard 2HEL
  • Leopard 2A5

I am still waiting for th Strv-122 C and D personally but I will take a 123A as well.

122C/D was focused on command/communication upgrade and commander TIM.

Why do people argue again for a new mbt for sweden? It’s the best nation in ground and doesn’t need a new mbt. They need a new top plane but not another mbt or even support vehicle

1 Like

Totally not like Sweden was delayed in APFSDS technology in game for couple years.

Ouch, I think I made a mistake. But I think MEXAS-H in there might be composite side skirt. Netherland only has 188 L2A5/6 in the past. 300 should include L2A4.

That’s D-technology…

MEXAS-H is the frontal armour.