Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

And if they consider something like the SEPv3, a tank that entered service 3 years ago (still feels strange to say this), as an MBT with too little available data to be added. I doubt we will see an MBT that won’t even be delivered until 2026.

So what? FMV already said they will get L55 cannon and new optic, they also didn’t mention if install L55A1. Why you taking about ally? Any export restrictions for KMW?

I mean alot of that cant they do themselves?

1 Like

I feel like Italy might finally get a top tier helicopter with the A129 Delta, with Spikes having been added in the last few updates and the current changes to their helicopter tree. But maybe that’s just wishful thinking

Who will give them what to do? The rights to modernization belong to Germany, or rather to the companies that are based there. They can’t do anything on their own

no one cares about your crying comment, ka52 is already top br in ground.

3 Likes

man why are you so cringe

Well, I’m not you, who, as I see, likes to talk about missiles and Swedish planes

Didnt they go out of their way to change the sight for the commander?

You even don’t know the additional armor package for L2A5S was designed buy Swedish itself. The APS for L2A8 is from Israel not German, Swedish could purchase it by itself.
There are too many upgrade programs made by Swedish itself, no need to talk about 123A, just check 122B in game and 122C/D please.
By the way, I never said 123A will be equal to L2A8.

It really just seems like you have an issue with Sweden; so much so that you just come on here to complain about them having German equipment.

Can I have proof?

Produced in Germany under the name EuroTrophy

Modifications to restore the functionality of equipment, wow

Where are the complaints here? For now, I’m gloating and not complaining about how bad the Swedes are, for the most part I don’t care)

MEXAS-H was designed by Sweden?

Funny, why did they buy a license for it from IBD in that case? Or taking into account the armour was already trialed in Germany before the Leopard 2 TVM was even sent to Sweden for trials.

I mean theoretically speaking Sweden could still just buy them directly from Israel and find a way to integrate it onto their Leopards themselfs. However I assume that would be more expensive than ordering and shipping them from Germany.

You need permission from the company that did the modernization, but nothing else. Otherwise, contracts will be broken and spare parts will be nowhere to be found

It’s just a **** measuring contest for them. German mains, like most single nation mains, can become insecure really easily.

2 Likes

Germany had spent the few past years looking for a good and non-intrusive way of integrating Trophy taking into account they have to work around the wedge armour - their latest known “acceptable” solution was the Leopard 2A7A1, but that was dropped in favour of the Leopard 2A8 that will ‘improve’ the integration further.

For Sweden, taking into account they don’t have the same amount of capability as KMW & Rafael, this would take even longer and cost a lot more, so to put it bluntly, not worth the cost.

It doesn’t seem like the Strv 123 will even include an APU, most likely due to costs, so an APS is even more out of question.

I don’t see much to gloat about considering Sweden will receive another top tier Leopard from either the Finnish sub tree or Norway. Like what is the point you are trying to make here? Germany doesn’t even know if they will purchase the new Panther, but Hungary has said they are looking to sign contracts to help produce them and use them. So Italy could receive it in game but perhaps not Germany. And then I am sure you will be right back here to complain about German made products going to other countries instead of gloating about some upgrades that don’t even make a difference, i.e. crew accommodations.

Sure we will see a Norwegian 2A8 for Sweden and a KF51 for Italy eventually. But almost certainly not within the next 5-6 years.