Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

It could, but I think it’s extremely unlikely.

They considered stuff like the M1A2 SEPv3 (already in service) and the Challenger LEP/3 to have too little information available to be added a while back. So how would the Leopard 2A8 be any different?

AFAIK current ‘Leopard 2A8’ come out to display is more of a ‘technological demonstrator’, without actual Trophy and new composite armor.

Well you do have like the 2A8 NOR that is not a tech demo but a acually orderd tank, and the normal 2A8 if i recall corectly is orderd by several nations, if enything the KF51 is a tech Demo

nope. Update is this saturday 100%

Incorrect.

i just find it realy stupid that they are blurring the hit on the drones, whats up with that

Yeah I know that 2A8 is ordered. But they are not delivered yet. Their delivery would begin at like 2026, similar to those Strv 123A. Current vehicle shown in Eurosatory is not a operational Leopard 2A8 with real-working trophy, or lighter composite armor with new powerpack that KMW saids operational Leopard 2A8 would have. It’s just an vehicle that shows ‘Leopard 2A8 would have this if you order and get it’, like current Challenger 3 technological demonstrator is.

Why is ka52 not moving up??

in the first place at eurosatory wasnt any 2A8, if anything that was only the 2A7A1 eurothropy demonstrator, no 2A8 exists yet, not an demonstrator either

They re-equip old versions, roughly speaking, they buy modernization from Germany. The funny thing for you is that this will not change anything, since this is still the old Leopard 2A5 configuration, and not the new one that Germany makes in the 2A8 version 😂

well they are getting L55 cannons, so might that make it 2a6 configurations now?

In game I doubt we will see either within the next 3-5 years anyway.

oh yeah definitly, when we look at it, we are needing 2+ years for a new german leopard and it isnt even an upgrade yet

Guhyuck teeser today lmao?

1 Like

It doesn’t change anything, if they install the L55 gun, they won’t be able to use more modern ammunition. If L55A1, then A2 will come out in the future, and they lost in this regard. Finally, the Swedish Armed Forces will receive one of the worst versions of the 2A7 Line 🤣

Not to mention that Germany’s policy has changed, and it will no longer provide its technology to just anyone. And Sweden was never considered an ally of Germany

Oh okay. But I’m still right that Leopard 2A8 can’t be in next year isn’t it?

well they did mention that want to upgrade to a new cannon for programmable ammunition, just not sure iof the 55A1 was needed for that or the 55 was already able to fire DM11

1 Like

Just like the 2S38 demonstrator?

we might see a real demonstrator on next years eurosatory, but dont quote me on that , either way until we will see it in the game it still we be a loooong as time

L/55 can already do that (in fact L/44 as well), they just need to install ADL (which comes standard with the L/55A1).