Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Plays National Anthem

1 Like

The implimentation is just completely thoughtless atm.

The giant dorchester addon block on the front of the TES and 2F provide little to no protection even though its a giant composite screen.

The 2F and TES armor, are identical in game. 400mm of CE and 30mm CE. They pulled these numbers out of thin air. There’s zero basis for these figures.

The ammunution rack left of the driver, cannot exist. That space would conflict with the drivers chair and equipment.

The ammunition behind the drivers chair cannot exist, that ammunition would be underneath the turret basket they stand on.

The commander and gunner are levitating. They sit far higher than they should and can be killed through the roof because of this.

The charge bins are modelled as being in metal baskets, but have no liquid inside to act as actual wet storage.

The mantlet is incorrectly modelled and should be reinforced to have greater protection against CE and KE rounds.

The tank currently neutral steers slower than CR1 which should not be the case. CR2 should be faster and more responsive.

The reload time for CR2 crews is typically 3-4 seconds.

The ready rack replenishment is the slowest of all top tier MBTs despite being closest to the loader.

The thermal signiture of CR2 should be far lower as the tank was designed with thermals in mind.

These changes alone are just straight up “we couldn’t be bothered looking into it, thread locked, banned for rule violation, no proof that the CR2 isn’t made from tin and the ERA isnt just play-doh, T-80BVM can now stop multiple APFSDS rounds with one ERA bag xaxa)))”

6 Likes

To be fair the Iraq war was just against T-55s, T-62s and barebone T-72s. You could mount thermal optics and a modern 120mm gun on a toyota and it would still be deadly.

Only to be surpassed by one of your ex colonies by a huge margin.

Then again the US has it pretty good geographically.

2 Likes

Like every NATO man-loaded MBTs basically. Chally is no different here.

4 Likes

No arguement from me, same with regen steering. But its information you can find on google with 1 search and a click. Its lazy

2 Likes

It’s not lazy. Reload rate is a balance factor. End of the story

1 Like

Hopefully they’ll come one day together with the Exocet.

No to speak about double shots where the loader is ordered to take the next shell from storage while the gun is still loaded, just to reload immeadetly after shot. Like what? One second? Would be a nice ability for elite crews.

Or maybe they just need to reduce the impact of crew skill. Especially when it comes to things like Turret rotation speeds.

Basically SAAB 37 Viggen never integrated helmet mounted display (HMD)

I got know JAS 39 Gripen C equipped 3rd generation targeting pod & integraded helmet mounted display (HMD)

I guess Gripen C 12.7 minimum

The japanese type 10 thing also has 4 secs reload. So for one its balanced, for the other one not :=)

Russian tanks always have accurate reloads :))

Yeah because it’s also the only really good thing about the Type 10.

2 Likes

1/3rd less reload than elite crewed Nato tanks is indeed decisive on cqc maps.

Yeah as a tradeoff for having worse armor and survivability.

An example of the other side of the coin is the Merkava Mk.4. Which has worse mobility and armor than most NATO tanks and is equally survivable against KE ammo, while having a longer reload than all NATO tanks.

2 Likes

I mean, it also has pretty optics (thermals and magnification) and the Type 10 shell

3 Likes

True. However Type 10 APFSDS is actually pretty average iirc. Chills around the performance of rounds like M829A2 and M338

Leos cannot wait, we’re getting a new BR of ground vehicles whether people like it or not.
Vickers Mk7 never left testing.

@Mysto
Making Gripen & Viggen the same or similar BRs isn’t the correct answer.

@Texas_Engineer_Mike
I’d rather have one of the best jets at 11.7 than it being unplayable next to Gripen.

I wouldn’t mind of they used the correct flags for the mk.1 and 3

JA37D is “one of the best 11.7” only because there’s so few 11.7s. JA37D is literally the worst 11.7 currently and is overpassed by a couple of 11.3 jets.

1 Like