Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I’m craving Swiss Mirage III with the Swedish AIM-4C variant and AIM-9P depending on the Mirage variant all aspect AIM-9P.
Or Mirage 50 or IIIEX. 3NG as event.
Hopium that Gaijin will make it regarding the implementation of both Rafale as well a Eurofighter and not break it.
Mirage 2000 still stalls before Viggen I think. Not to speak of aircraft such as F-16 or MiG-29.

Shame they never updated Carriers with the F-14 addition. Would have been the best time for it. Even in SB where Carriers are highly present. They are a really quick and dirty addition that just sucks at time.

1 Like

Generally I would agree with you, however given gajjins track record of leaving china in lagg behind the US and USSR, and that fact that at top tier china has been without good CAS for a while, I’m just happy too take whatever I can get typically, and would gladly take a Taiwanese upgraded F-16 so I can actually have a good CAS plane too back up my ZTZ-99A’s.

It doesn’t help that we don’t know about any confirmations that china will get a new top tier jets this year like the UK does, and realistically, the “new” J-8 even when given it’s Fox-3’s will be insufficient when compaired too the competition. So basically Tornado syndrome

I’m not sure what you mean by this, can you elaborate ?

Yeah, I have somewhat sympathy for China. You are inverse of Britain, we have all the CAS and no A2A, you have A2A and no CAS. yeah we have that “confirmation” though that might jsut be another CAS, anything with Brimstone would automatically have the max BR possible.

So yeah, its a tough spot. But I think where Gaijin forgets about China, or is hamstrung by no PL-12 yet. Gaijin actively dislikes Britain. Just need to look at our ground tree for evidence of that.

But yeah. They need to take a Hiatus from US and Soviet TTs and spend sometime on the others in game. All have some major problem that could be fixed with 1 or 2 additions per TT

1 Like

F-14 is maybe one the most famous carrier launched aircraft of all time. A total overhaul of Carriers (as they are really buggy at times) and a wider introduction of them into ARB would have been a very good addition and probably very popular. I can imagine a load of F-14s all taking off from a Carrier.

So would have made sense for a ground up rework of how Carriers are implemented in WT (maybe also adding things like some form of Optical landing system HUD element as well) in the same update that we got F-14A would have been an excellent update

1 Like

Is top tier air sim playable after the update or is it just f16c and smt cancer spam

F-16C Vs SMT

So totally identical to what is was before. Though Gr7 can be funny with a well placed Aim-9M now. But it doesnt last long. I tend to either play Gr7/Torando Gr1 when they are EC8 or play the SHar FRS1. Or just not play the game at all. F3 is even more unplayable than it was before

I have neither of those so it’s going to be pain isn’t it. Although I do like using the f-14 just because of the radar

All I can hope for is that the next update helps bring other nations up too the current air meta with flair resistant Fox-2’s being available for more nations, and generally minor nation more new toys that help keep them interesting at top tier. They did a good service too Italy this update with the new Harrier and the Hungarian line, even if Italy still isn’t too dog, it helps them have a chance now, and more chances for the future. I’m really not sure where their gonna go with a nation like Japan without giving it a Korean sub tree or something. China has plenty of potential, and is looking very cool as is, it’s just held back in a few key areas currently, and I’m hoping we get some nice additions for air in particular next update

As for the UK…I gave up a long time ago. Also I promise you thell find a way too make the next jet another Strike Tornado variant

Yeah… last update was a really bad update for top tier EC. They couldnt even be bothered to change EC8 brackets to better incorporate 12.3s. They were just tacked onto EC9 with no other changes. This could have meant F3 and F-14A enjoying Ec8 once in a blue moon

Japan will be fine in the air to air department the F-15Js and F-2s variants should be enough tho some help in cas would be nice. ground is another story tho…

Tornado Gr4 is entirely possible. But with no ASRAAM or Brimstone, it would essentially be a C&P of Gr1.

Harrier Gr9A would be fun, but again, if it had No Brimstone or Sniper, it would be nearly identical to Gr7.

But yeah, fingers crossed they actually care about other nations for a change

a friend its threatening to leak classified documents if the update dosent come soon lol

2 Likes

Dew it (not really)

So taking everything discussed this evening and condensing it in one post to try and get my head around it/get some explanations.

Typhoon has been stated as

“We are not close to the Eurofighter at all at the moment.” - Smin

Which I take to mean greater than 6-9 months at minimum. So I now dont expect Typhoon till end of next year at the earliest.

Based upon discussions on this matter this throws into question other aircraft additions and leaves questions about what could possibly be next to most nations and when

Typhoon’s closest comparisons (based upon information I was able to ascertain reasonably quickly/personal opinion/pre-existing knowledge) would be Gripen, Rafale, F-15 and Su-30. Some could come in an early state sometime mid next year, but not anytime this year or early next year.

So what could be added without those options?

Britian

Sea Harrier FA2

Tornado Gr4 (With Brimstone only)
Harrier Gr9A (With Brimstone only)

USA

F-18 A/B
F-16 Variants
F-14 Variants

Germany

F4F ICE.

USSR

Su-27

Japan

XF-2

China

J-10
J-11
F-16 Variant

Italy

Hungarian or Romanian aircraft?
F-16B
F-16M

France

Mirage 2000-5F Mk 2
Mirage 2000D modern variants?

Sweden

F-18A/B

Israel

F-16 Variant

That’s it. Multiple nations would be left with no additions for the next year or so. A few might get AAM upgrades and additions that might keep them in the fight. Like Frances Mirage getting MICA or China getting PL-12. But those would be limited. Most nations have 1 reasonable addition left. After that its nothing till Typhoon era.

So… What exactly does this mean? Are some nations going to be status quo for a year+? Are some nations going to get massive assymetrical advantages/additions?

But if we do see any of the next step up aircraft. Like the F-15 or Gripen any time soon. Then nothing makes sense and it feels like gate keeping for the sake of gate keeping. Not meaningful choices.

Sorry if this is a little rambly and repetitive to what has been said, but that statement has left me very much confused. I was thinking timeline Typhoon early next year, like March, but if that is now looking vague/not likely, then several nations are not going to be playable for very long

3 Likes

There’s less copy-paste than you think.
A lot of countries have native weapons.
AAM-3, AAM-4, and AAM-5 for Japan.
Python 4 & 5 for Israel, Taiwan, & Thailand [if Thai becomes a sub tree].
Et cetera.

What will be copy paste I suspect is tank ammunition.
I expect if we start getting advanced ammunition like SHARD that it’ll be given to all RH120-like tanks for the intended BR.

The only thing here being that the Gripen is confirmed for this year, so that fills Sweden and Italy in your list.

Yes, and that is in part why I am so confused. Based upon what I can find/determine. Gripen is just the Typhoons baby brother. There are some areas that the Typhoon is much stronger in. But thats mainly hardpoints and TWR (and thats really loadout/fuel dependent)

this seems to be a really good comparison of the airframes

So if Typhoon is an absolute no, then i’d have to apply that to the Gripen too. Because Gripen is 75% of the way there.

1 Like

I mean technically we never got a no to a Typhoon, we only got a yes to the Gripen. So it’s European counterparts certainly aren’t off the table by any means. I think something needs to shake up top tier air and a jump for Germany, France, Italy, and Sweden would definitely do just that.