Kikka Flight Model

So this has been bugging me for a good while now, but not too long after I got the Kikka (probably about a year ago) the flight model changed (without anything mentioned about it) making the plane turn significantly worse (literally can’t find anything that won’t out turn it at any speed at this point).

Doesn’t seem right to me that what is essentially a lighter 262 can’t out turn a 262?

I started flying this when it still suffered from invisible landing gear bug and in the end I simply stopped flying this thing because of the reasons you listed.
Horrible turn radius with a really heavy feeling, and it’s even worst if you equip it with bombs in ground RB.

If you do not have evidence of a change (and all changes ARE documented, there is no such thing as a stealth change in WT because of datamines) then it almost certainly did not happen.

The Kikka is an excellent jet tho

No it USED to be an excellent jet. I’m not saying stealth nerf I’m saying potential bug, but not a big enough nerd on jap planes to actually know. It would be an excellent plane if everything didn’t out turn and out run it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m literally only using it for bombing with my 7.3 line-up, it’s not worth taking out for anything else

Only thing that was Kikka good in was running away from prop airplanes that had no chances to chase it. Never seen anyone turning with it.

1 Like

These unannounced changes are extremely frustrating. I mean i saw a lot of props getting worse and the testing expert MOBB confirms your pov:

The changing of flight models by the developers with no notice or announcement to the players is incredibly disruptive and irresponsible. It will silently get players killed in game never knowing that their plane has been changed. in addition, instead of updating the chart as needed, I would literally have to recheck every single plane periodically just to make sure Gaijin didnt change something without telling anyone. This is exactly what they did with almost every single Japanese fighter at the beginning of the year,

The whole post from May, 2023:

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/573281-air-rb-performance-guide-master-thread/&do=findComment&comment=9650437

So guys claiming that there are no hidden changes have no clue about the game…

1 Like

I’ve played it recently enough. It’s not a bad jet.

So guys claiming that there are no hidden changes have no clue about the game…

There are no hidden changes because everything (yes, everything, no exceptions) is datamined or announced.

Well there is still hidden changes when gaijin doesn’t actually communicate them to their players. Needing people to dig through the files to uncover a change isn’t good.

Gaijin is generally good at announcing the changes (if somewhat vague on the specifics of it) which is what leads me to think this might be a bug.

I’ve played it recently enough. It’s not a bad jet.

It’s never been a good jet, but it used to at least be able to out turn it’s fat german cousin. Currently it feels like it has the 800kg bomb permanently attached to the flight model. Which is what I think the bug simply is, as I know it’s had issues with invisible bombs/gear in the past

Well there is still hidden changes when gaijin doesn’t actually communicate them to their players. Needing people to dig through the files to uncover a change isn’t good.

you can debate how nice it is of gaijin to do but at the end of the day there are no such things as hidden changes because we have dedicated dataminers that catch it.

It’s never been a good jet

yeah… this marks you as a bad pilot in my eyes.

Well, it’s never been a good jet while I’ve had it (probably partly from flying it stock). I’m by no means an ace, buuuut planes are generally able to outperform any other plane at it’s br in one way or another. Currently the only way the Kikka is outperforming other 7.0 jets is by the amount of bomb it can carry.

Regardless I believe you’re missing my point/question of whether something is currently wrong with the flight model (probably due to an unnoticed bug of a permanent and invisble 800kg bomb)

Well, it’s never been a good jet while I’ve had it

When was that? Has been good for ~3-4 years at least. Since its engine buff like… in 2018-2019.

probably partly from flying it stock

Please do not judge anything but spaded vehicles.

Currently the only way the Kikka is outperforming other 7.0 jets is by the amount of bomb it can carry.

The Kikka is very fast for 7.0, has excellent acceleration for 7.0, has EXCELLENT MER, excellent guns (once Otsu mod is acquired). It also ratefights decently and can do OK in scissor fights if flown well depending on the matchup. It also doesn’t climb bad at all for an early jet, much better in that regard than say, 262 or F-84.

Regardless I believe you’re missing my point/question of whether something is currently wrong with the flight model (probably due to an unnoticed bug of a permanent and invisble 800kg bomb)

I just test flew the Kikka to confirm whether this is true or not, at least in test drive (I cant be bothered to fly it in a game rn but I am absolutely sure its the same in a real game) it does not have any such bug and is still a S tier plane for 7.0 FM wise.

To illustrate my point… a game of mine from last year. Air RB. First eight kills were done with the first flyout so only 100 rounds or 50 rounds per gun… for 8 kills. Do the math. Last kill I landed and came back to kill him.

Imgur

Well I can tell that in actual battles (btw this may just be when you bring out a bomb but it doesn’t seem any better without it) it can’t do anything better than the 262 or f84 currently, it does have a little bit more thrust than the 262 but the 262 is still faster and has better energy retention (at least to my experience).
If you go in a scissor with a 262 you got 1 or 2 turns to get them to overshoot or you’re just fucked, and even if you get them to overshoot they can just turn to stay safe.

I’ve only had the damn thing for about a year or so, and as mentioned it’s only been for the past 6 months that I’ve had this issue. Before I could outturn a 262 in a flat turn easily, now I can barely keep up with them

Ok I’m going to go fly a few games and get back to you, but I don’t believe you’re gonna like what i have to say.

it can’t do anything better than the 262 or f84 currently

Test flight FM is 1000% sueprior to the 262 or F84

it does have a little bit more thrust than the 262

If by a little you mean a lot and the jet itself is also like 40% smaller and lighter.

the 262 is still faster and has better energy retention

both of that is wrong

If you go in a scissor with a 262 you got 1 or 2 turns to get them to overshoot or you’re just fucked

also wrong just play energy

Well just brought it into a game myself and for some reason it’s a hell of a lot better in air (tbf does also help being down tiered) May be a bug with the bombs rather than the plane

Maybe? Definitely zero bugs regarding this when clean wing

TqPOfJn

I get high score games in jet only games too tho, but this was special.

Okay so just brought out the kikka with the bomb in air, dropped the bomb flies like it doesn’t have it. But in ground it flies as if it’s lost half the tail