KH-38MT Tracking through a smoke?

It can’t overperform Pantsir though in radar capabilities and missile?

Oh that makes sense because the SRAAM is not good for anything over 3km.

Yeah, that was an all-aspect, Thrust vectoring missile developed in the 1970s. In-game its under-performing rather hard. Needs its range doubled, the TVC fixed and I can see them omitting the all-aspect, but could still get better firing angles.

1 Like

even 3km seems pretty generous 😭 when i used to play the harrier gr1 i could only get reliable hits within 1.3km

On a good day you can get 3km. When target is decelerating and is straight ahead.

I need it

2 Likes

Yeah… We all do :P

Just shoot down the missiles

FlaRakRad is no Patsir, no guns, only 2 ready to fire missiles.
So all the Su pilot needs to do, to absolutely ensure your destruction is to fire 3 missiles.

So what you would do about that?

ADATS ain’t a pantsir, just the ITO that can shoot them down and pantsir.

Just die

I’ve shot a few down while using the ADATS

The missile becomes invisible second it gets launched.

That is not a counter play I hoped for…

Anyhow i wonder if FOX3 missiles would be able to suppress SU-35SM a bit or if the situation will become even worse in case that R-77 would out shoots AMRAAM

You can counter them with SARH already, and AMRAAMs should make it easier. If only a plane fitted for air defense didn’t cost 785 SP (F-16ADF).

You can but you have to do it in territory contested by Patsir, which usually does not end well.

Yeah, that should be the main advantage of the AMRAAM slingers. THe ability to fire and then hide from the Pantsir. With MP changes coming and the quality of the radar on some of those slingers. Su-25SM3 countering should be much easier.

But Laserdestroy is right. Its a shame that CAP costs 10x what SPAA costs.

3 Likes

I just recently had a game where I shot down an Su-25 in an 11.3+ game (so at least 11.0 or 11.3 variant) from 10km out (from the target, around 13km from cap) by staying low and firing upward with my F-4S and Aim7Fs. It is doable with a Pantsir on ground because you can stay low and away from detection while being able to strike from a long distance. You don’t want to be in all aspect IR range, but SARH works great. I’m sure that AMRAAMs are going to be even better.

Its ground not air. If you want to play planes play air RB

Then I shall just leave the Su-25SM3s to ground pound un-contested and play airmodes instead

(though for the record. No Air mode actually provides good A2G gameplay and there is basically no decent gamemode for heli outside of GRB)