K2NO Black Panther

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

K2NO BLACK PANTHER

ARMAMENT

• 1x Hyundai CN08 L/55 120mm smoothbore cannon
    -Max effective range: 8.000 Meter with autonomous sensor-controlled Korean Smart Top-Attack
    -Reloading mechanism: Autoloader
    -Rounds per minute: up to 15 rounds per minute
    -Reload time: 4 Seconds
    -Total ammunition stowage: 40 rounds
    -1rst stowage turret autoloader: 16 rounds
    -2nd stowage hull: 24 rounds

• 1x 12.7x99mm Kongsberg RS4 Remote Controlled Weaponstation
    -Machinegun: M2 Browning
    -Ammunition mixture 50/50: NM140MP + NM160MP-T
    -Armor penetration RHAe NM160MP-T: 22 Millimeter at 100 Meter
    -Armor penetration RHAe NM140MP: 10.6 Millimeter at 100 Meter
    -Ammunition capasity total: Ca 3.200 Rounds
    -Placement: Turret, middle/back left side
    -Laser waring system/aps support
    -Supports aps, laster waring, should be able to shoot missile/drones

• 1x 7.62x51mm coaxial machinegun
    -Ammunition mixture 50/50: NM60 Metal jacket + NM62 Metal jacket tracer
    -Ammunition capasity total: 12.000 Rounds
    -Placement: Gun mantler beside the cannon

• TROPHY Active protection system
    -Mass: 820 kilograms
    -Kongsberg RWS can shoot drones/missiles

AMMUNITION CN08 120mm

• K276 APFSDS
    -Muzzle velocity: 1700 M/S
    -Velocity drop:
    -Sub projectile lenght: 703.6 mm
    -Projectile material: Tungsten alloy
    -Prjocetile weight: 7.35 Kilogram
    -Propellant Type: K683
    -Propellant Weight: (Triple-base)
    -Chamber pressure: 586 MPa
    -Armor penetration RHAe: 700 Millimeter at 2.000 Meter
    -Armor penetration RHAe: 650Millimeter of penetration at 2.000 Meter

• K279 APFSDS
    -Muzzle velocity: 1760 M/S
    -Velocity drop: 120 m/s (at 2000 m)
    -Sub projectile lenght: 761.6 mm
    -Prjocetile weight: 8.27 Kilogram
    -Propellant Type: L15190
    -Propellant Weight: 8.6 kg SCDB
    -Armor penetration RHAe: 700 Millimeter at 2.000 Meter

• -K279 APFSDS Improved
    -Muzzle velocity: 1800 M/S
    -Velocity drop: 122 m/s (at 2000 m)
    -Sub projectile lenght: 761.6 mm
    -Prjocetile weight: 8.27 Kilogram
    -Propellant Type: 19 hole cylinder-type
    -Propellant Weight: 8.6 kg SCDB
    -Chamber pressure: 690 MPa
    -Armor penetration RHAe: Little more than 700 Millimeter at 2.000 Meter

• K280 HEAT-MP
    -Muzzle velocity: 1400 M/S
    -Total weight shell + projectile: 23 Kilogram
    -Prjocetile weight: 11.38 Kilogram
    -Explosive filler: 2100 Gram
    -Explosive type: Composition B
    -Propellant Type: K684
    -Propellant Weight: Double Base
    -Fuze: proximity fuse
    -Trigger radius: 7 Meter (all targets)

TECHNICAL DATA
Length: 10.7 m
Width: 3.6 m
Height: 2.4 m
Weight: 61.5 Metric Tons
Crew: 3x (Vehicle commander, Driver and Gunner)

PERFORMANCE
Max speed on road: 70 km/h
Max speed off road: 50 km/h
Slope forward: 60 degrees
Side slope: 30 degrees
Ditch crossing: 3m
Vertical obstacle: 1.1m
Water depth: Up to 4.1m

ARMOUR
Side armor: Ca. 50 Millimeter
Frontal armour: Ca. 650-850 Millimeter
Composite armor protection
ERA Explosive Reactive Armor blocks around the turret
Ca. 800–900mm RHA vs KE for turret
Ca. 1500–1600mm RHA vs HEAT for turret
Ca. 600–700mm RHA vs KE for hull
Ca. 1200–1400mm RHA vs HEAT for hull
Steel: POSCO MIL-12560H

ADDITIONAL
-An advanced fire-control system
-Active protection system
-NBC protection system
-Day/Night vision
-Thermal vision
-Automatic fire suppression system
-Snorkel
-Hydropneumatic suspension
-Munition (KSTAM)

NORWEGIAN MODIFICATIONS
-New turret
-Kongsberg Protector RWS 12.7mm
-Trophy APS with radar antennas on each side at the front of the turret
-Composite armor protection
-ERA Explosive reactive aromr blocks around the turret
-Better heater for the crew
-Norwegian camouflage

HSITORY
The K2 is a top-modern main battle tank designed, developed and manufactured in South-Korea by the company Hundai Rotem. This new tank would replace the M48 pattons wich has servd the South korean army for many years.

The Norwegian version of the K2NO, with a couple modifications and changes, arrived in Norway to participate in the trials, alongside the Leopard 2A7NO.

The latest aquired and upgraded Leopard 2A4NO’s are aging, and newer and more modern tanks have long been needed. ecpecially after we donated 8x of our Leopard 2A4NO’s along with other vehicles and equipment to Ukraine, to assist them in the Russian-Ukraine war.

two tanks have been undergoing trials in Norway for quite a while now, the K2NO Black panther and the Leopard 2A7NO. In February 2023 it was announced that Norway, despite an extremely large amount of disagreements and arguments would buy 54 new Leopard 2A7NO tanks with an option for 18 more tanks. The expected delivery time for these is in 2026. and the K2NO therefor seems to have lost the competetion. most likely because of the Leopards good reliability and the good access to parts. if they decide to bout a couple K2NO’s, we dont know yet, but i dont think it is unlikely that the one K2NO might?

The difference between the two K2’s in the trials are that this presented model is the Norwegian modified verison with a new turret and various changes, this also has the Tropthy aps. while the other, has the original SOuth korean turret, with the Kaps aps, but has the Norwegian camouflage

In game
If this were to be implemented, there are two options. One is to add it to the Swedish techtree or in a new tree with Norway and Denmark combined

VIDEOS

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/KX6z6Z9BBpU
https://youtu.be/rMQpfrWrQS4

PICTURES

Spoiler

K2NO — ImgBB

SOURCES

Spoiler

https://www.armyrecognition.com/south_korea_korean_tanks_and_heavy_armoured_uk/k2_black_panther_main_battle_tank_hyundai_rotem_technical_data_sheet_description_information_identification_intelligence_pictures_photos_images_video_sou.html#specifications
Norges nye stridsvogn: Dette må du vite om Leopard 2A7 - Teknologi
Redirecting...
https://www.thedefensepost.com/2022/02/04/leopard-panther-winter-trial-norway/

This post was made by
Til_Dovre_Faller
Also known as
Warthunder_Norway

5 Likes

-1 Sweden already has some of if not the best MBT’s at top tier, there is no good reason for this to be added, particularly since it would detract from other potential ground tree nations such as a polish or south korean line.

14 Likes

I doubt sweden got the best mtbs in their tree, there are many yet to be added. for example the Polish veriosn of this tank could be added to the german tree, then they got another powerful tank in their tree, and the original korean verison could be added to the tree it has the best connection with for now too, until a better solution wich i believe is a new techtree or subtree with south korea

but then, another good reason for why the Norwegian Danish tech tree would be a good option ;)

First, Norway would need to become a subtree and second, I see evaluated as an last resort when there’s nothing to add, unfortunately that isn’t the case for Sweden/nordic tree now and they could still receive the Norwegian Leopard 2A8 (2A7NO) which they actually selected.

That’s unlikely for now unless Poland becomes an subtree for Germany (which i doubt) and beside that Germany still has an wide variety of Leopards to choose from.

While true, it would at least improve the monotone nature of Swedens top tier MBT lineup

Which at 10.3 is 2 2A4. (If Norwegian subtree it would be 3)

And 11.7 is 3 2A5/6.

Presumably some future MBT lineup will mostly be 2A8.

Since the K2NO is notably different than the normal K2, doesn’t seem unreasonable to have alongside the other future potential MBTs

3 Likes

Which they’ll never add
It took them 2.5 years to add a 2A5 with a 50cal on top

4 Likes

the Leopard 2A7NO verison was modified/designes specifically for the testing in norway, and therefor this vehicle will be able to be added as well. they Decided to go for the 2A8NOR with more modifications/upgrades in addition to the ones already on the 2A7.

and there is also an option for a new techtree with norway and denmark

Spoiler

https://i.ibb.co/xH0Wr03/imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-5-Ou4l-Ryw-SPo.jpg

1-3 vehicles before the news of a new polish subtree or techtree should be just fine i believe, like with the israeli vehicles

Norway has 2 different K2NO’s one with KAPS APS and the other with the TROPHY APS and some other changes

Still many Leopard 1’s to be added as well as Leopard 2’s. eventually they will recieve

Well adding both would be scraping the barrel far to hard given these were only custom trial vehicles

premium/squadron or event vehicle perhaps, since they do got unique modifications still :)

Nah. Unless there is notable unique factors to a vehicle i dont really see a reason to add it. Like yes Norway has multiple modernized Leopard 1 variants. But really 1 is all they should do as a subtree addition as they are all vaguely the game vehicle as the current Leopard 1A5NO in game (ignoring issues with the current represenation of the vehicle)

And honestly, they could not add the Norwegian Leopard 2A4 just because its litterally the same thing we have 2 off. If there is some notably unique variant of it, sure.

I assume the Korean APS and Trophy is vaguely similar in what they do

1 Like

Can you give source that Korea sent Norway an K2 with KAPS. Because as a Korean I never heard of.

1 Like

I can find it later today, source and pictures, at work right now

Definitely required for BR 12.0+, as Sweden has no domestic options beyond 12.0, and only 1 for 12.0.

1 Like

After seeing you Sub-Tree suggestion, it would be perfect fit for Rank VIII main battle tanks. Definitely +1.

Is M designations official ? Just asking.

That makes no sense though especially since we got more foldering options. That being said, I do agree with you on K2 matter, it was mere trial vehicle adding one of them would be just enough.

No, that is just my ideq, but i will uodate it and name them kaps/trophy

1 Like

I just don’t perticularly like padding trees with vehicles that are basically the same. If there is some notable difference that would make a it a neat foldered option, sure.

1 Like

YES, we need a new BLACK vehicle for the Black friday sales!

1 Like

That’s a fair point, I just like to see nations/vehicles get as much representation as they can.

2 Likes