JGSDF Type10 Tank/10式戦車

I think gaijin made the current armored model from this photo, but the trouble is, I don’t have any other documentation other than this photo, so I don’t think I can make a bug report. x。x

2 Likes

Is it possible for Gaijin to allow adjusting the suspension on-the-move for the Type-90 and Type-10?

3 Likes

It’s not soviet/chinese, so no reason to implement this, same as CVT.

this is a joke right?

It is possible since you can manually tilt the Strv 103 on the move. The “mechanic” is already in the game it’s just a matter of when will Japanese tanks get it too.

1 Like

Every joke has some truth. Japs received ground tree in 2016, since then, hydropneumatic suspension is not able to adjust on-the-move. So, if it’s already 7 years have passed, how long would it take? In best scenario, until Korean sub-tree will be released, with semi-active suspension on K2.

5 Likes

If Leopard 2 armour was equally badly misimplemebted as it is on Type 10

The marked red areas the Gepard 35mm Anti air will be be able to penetrate.

Inb4
“But Japan doesn’t know how to build armored vehicles, look at their WW2 tanks!!!”

There are many other issues as well, but the response from gaijin is “either leave it or provide evidence,” so there is no hope for improvement. An example is the turret rotation and gun elevation speed. The Type 10 operates at the maximum speed the gunner can move it, while the Leopard 2 operates at the maximum speed of its motor. The technical moderator himself stated that the Leo 2 is incorrect, but it has not been corrected.

2 Likes

https://streamable.com/6u0nc0

Type 10 turret rotation
180 degrees in 6 seconds
30 degrees per second

You’ll find they it’s on par with Leopard 2 turret rotation speed

Both the Type 74 and Type 10 have faster turret rotation than Type 90
https://streamable.com/rvdet2

1 Like

someone did a bug report about the type 10 with an official archive stating the turret rotation of the type 10 its around 32 degrees per second

Last I heard the official document states the turret traverse is 30degrees a second or greater and because of that Gaijin limits it to 30 instead of speculating what the real speed may be.

well people have taken speed of the turret rotation for the type 10 and it was 30 degrees without stabilization and during stabilization the engine can give the turret horizontal system a lot of power

[stabilization controls the gun/turret with a motor so that it is not affected by the disturbance, by the gunner’s operation]
this disturbance is specified as 15°/s. the motor is capable of at least 45°/s to turn the turret at 30°/s or more without being affected by the 15°/s disturbance.

Sadly, this debate has been going on for a while, the old forums talked about this video a lot. A community manager basically said the max motor speed does not mean the turret can traverse that fast, so it looks like we are stuck with 30 degrees.

When pointed out that other vehicles can use their max motor speed it was said this would be corrected… However, this was a while ago and no such fixes have been implemented so it really feels like other vehicles get to benefit from this but Japan is left out.

It’s lip service, as usual. I had pointed out nearly a year and a half ago that the Type 87 SPAAG lacked it’s optical tracking capability, and I was told a report had already been submitted on it. Heard nothing further on it. It’s all lip service.

4 Likes

Tanks from other countries may be implemented at the maximum motor speed. One technical moderator used Leopard 2 as an example and said, “The turret rotation speed and gun elevation speed is incorrect. I have reported on this.” He posted the document and said.
However, given that no fix has been made, one would suspect that tanks from other countries also have turret rotation speeds and gun elevation speeds implemented at the motor’s maximum speed. In a way it feels like only the Type 10 is getting a nerf.

2 Likes

Well, Abrams manual vertical traverse is 24 degrees per second in-game.
However, the stabilizer in-game stabilizes up to 40 degrees per second.

That is simply wrong. Abrams traverse in game is the real world stabilizer speed of 40°/s.

Meanwhile Type 10 is stuck to its manual 30°/s, instead of the Type 10s stabilizer speed of 45°/s.

All tanks should use the same type of speed, either manual or stabilizer, none of this pick and choose stuff. If you want Type 10 at 30°/s, give all tanks their manual traverse speed.

6 Likes

You just repeated what I said…

2 Likes

wait a minute, i just remembered like other people said that leo2 is currently having faster turret rotation because they are using the stabilizer speed?

and i think there was a mod that report it so they rotation similar to the type 10, but isn’t that the leo2 pso still having 40° just like the other leo2?

well that just fair isn’t it…

1 Like