JGSDF Type10 Tank/10式戦車

Is there any solid evidence of the type 10 being able to change the suspension on the move? That is, are there documents that says it can?

I don’t think it does have the ability to. The current armor satisfies the condition of being 14.5mm proof, which is being at least above 50mm in protection.
If all of this armor was turned to nca, then there would be an expected armor improvement to around 75-100mm. This is still under the figure of 127mm of 35mm apds
There’s also the magical armor package that increases its weight by 4 tons and makes it 30mm resistant nearly everywhere needed, which is around 100mm in total protection

this is for the 48 ton version wich adds side armor but we dont have pictures of that version yet we havent seen it

there is videos of it the type 10 suspension uses a smart workings wich dampens on specific zones when detecting changes in the terrain aswell as providing with active dampening while shooting

here is a demo of the active suspension for terrain climbing

1 Like

Yes, but I’m afraid that those won’t be accepted as they are videos. Is there no details hidden somewhere in a document that mention this?

ill have to search in a documents but this was already reported and acknowledged just that there is no such thing as an active suspension unless they copy part of the one used for the strv103 and paste it into the Type 10 code the speed tho its wrong

Ah so it’s already an acknowledged thing? Ok then I guess it’s just part of the list of issues acknowledged for several years with no action.
Speaking of which, is there a list of issues with the type 10 and a status of acknowledged or denied, similar to the lists the people in the leclerc thread make?

we need to make one its kinda hard to find all of the bugs since they were eliminated and put into a hold kind of like the PUMA bug report list, it was so big it had to be foldered

altough most of the bugs were ignored for not having enough proof

It would still be nice to have a list to refer to, since it’s annoying to have to find a specific detail in a sea of messages. Would also be more constructive than whatever went on in the other type 10 thread

well at least for the bug reports that are left

“35mm bullets” likely refers to AP rather than APDS, which seems reasonable.

i still dont believe this since the 48 ton only protects against 30mm apfsds wich means that a 44 ton version should not protect against even 35 mm AP wich its still around 60-70 mm pen, it does say in apds for the type 90 aswell??

i suspect that if this is true it may be cuz of the new nanocrystalline material since it even says the type 10 can withstand an rpg to the side of the turret (360 mm)

With NCA we are looking at 1.96× KE modifier (instead of 1× RHA has), so that would be a fairly big improvement and would protect the sides from 35mm AP.

Assuming Gaijins visual representation of the turret ring is correct it would be 100mm apart from the thin upper ring, so that would 30mm APFSDS proof nearly the whole front already. 48t would likely provide such resistence to the sides too.

As for the 35mm APDS resistence, maybe there is spaced armor or similar we don’t know of, or the armor thickness we know is simply incorrect. It could alsp just be an error in the article meaning AP though, or an issue with Gaijins penetration formula making 35mm APDS perform better than it does in reality…

1 Like

Kothari/コタリ talked about there being a wall in the type 10 turret internally(space armor noticeable if you compare the type 10 turret without the blocks and take a look at the crew position inside) but only noticeable from the commander side idk about gunner tho

It would be very iffy to put some extra internal armor on the gunner side and in the ammo rack, given how the panels wouldn’t give any room to fit that in there

yeah so im wondering where that turret armor comes from unless the side armor of the turret is wrong ingame

Type10 related APFSDS

TypeⅢ APFSDS
no info

TypeⅣ APFSDS
640MPa
781 rounds manufactured

TypeⅤ APFSDS
no image・info

Type10 APFSDS
640MPa

1 Like

not much info about it so far i guess