JGSDF Discussion Page

So we gonna get the Patria AMV for Japan?

Wasn’t only the hull tested?

damn rip.

what about the mitsubishi prototype :D

Not much firepower except for the Type 16…

Spoiler

x.com
x.com

1 Like

I really hope we see one of the 30mm armed prototypes. I also hope they decide to bolt an ATGM launcher onto one of them.

2 Likes

I just realized the Improved Wheeled Armored Personnel Carrier (so the Patria AMV and Mitsubishi prototype) are gonna be unarmed, so no point in adding them. Best bet is probably those Type 89 and 87 replacements.

Also, is it just me or are those successor vehicles the same vehicle? And someone out to bring that post to the new forum

1 Like

I’m just patiently waiting for this bug report to be acknowledged and eventually fixed.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/magWzBq0cq0R

Getting the Type 74’s to 870 horsepower would be nice seeing as they are the only post war MBTs I actually care about.

3 Likes

Unrelated to this thread, but I really need them to fix the Ki-67 turrets

Hello! While browsing through my bookmarks I found a relic from the past. A very old japanese website with 3D models of various japanese WW2 weaponry and tech.

The site seems abandoned and I suggest you use a secure or incognito tab because the site hasn’t had it’s security updated.

Site:
CG Studio Nakada

2 Likes

ERA

7 Likes

What is up with the Type 89? Why are the Type 79 ATM so sluggish compared to ASM?

It feels very odd for one to fly straight out of the launcher and to the target while the other one moves like it’s having a seizure.

1 Like

Does incognito do anything?

I’m hoping we can get this as well

The Type 61 SPAAG, an alternative to the Type 87 - General & Upcoming - War Thunder - Official Forum

3 Likes

Yes, incognito only stores cookies for as long as it’s open. If someone were to exploit the low security of the website they will most likely trace your cookies back to some website which stores personal information.

I doubt someone would exploit that website but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Someone at Gaijin really hates the Type 89 and it just gets nerfed over and over and over and over.

3 Likes

It is really hard to properly shoot ATGM now, cause it is spining like a ferrywheel.

2 Likes

^Linking this topic, go check it out!

I think a Thai subtree for Japan would be an awesome way to add some depth.

3 Likes

It was never mentioned, but they fixed the Type 16’s barrel not having holes in the muzzle break. Before it was just a texture.

4 Likes

Yes I noticed that also…

Type 79 ASM does not have this weird wobble and flies straight as an arrow straight out of the tube, while the Type 79 is flying all over the place.

I think the flight path of the Type 79 seems extremely over-tuned and is really hard to land when fired on targets < 500 meters. No other ATGM I’ve tried does not take as long to stabilize as the Type 79 on the Type 89.

1 Like

More camo options pls!

5 Likes