JAS39C is missing basically EVERYTHING that makes it a version C

I don’t think I have read many people claim the Gripens are in a fine place, considering how many people actually complain about it being “overpowered” instead

“Not needing to be accurate or consistent” doesn’t fit the statement as well.

Dont forget the Mavericks.

SAAF Gripen C can get compeletly ahistorical loadout but our Gripen C cant even get AGM-65D/G.

Best part is we’re still waiting for an proper explanation why other Gripen’s can get ahistorical loadouts for balance but not Swedish Gripen C from Smin.

5 Likes

correct, but Litening III would be extremely easy to add as the physical model looks the same. Just copy paste the model and change the thermals to better and give it better zoom.

probably low prio yes, but that would be sad. Why would you not want it added? i have personally crashed a couple of times because the pilot passed out. Would also be relatively easy to implement as they already have something similar with the “auto avoid ground at low level” setting that could be adapted.

I have MANY sources on the C version having MAWS, i even made a report 6 months ago that got passed to DEV as suggestion. That report even had fewer sources than i have now.

They could easily add the one from F-16 as a placeholder. It wouldn’t be the first time they did something like that (the JAS39 radar was the F-16 radar for like 4 months before it got it’s own radar) and i personally wouldn’t mind.

Yup. Sadly not something i expect very soon, but it should have come with this update together with the FOX-3’s in my personal opinion.

The only thing that differs the A version from C currently in DEV is the cockpit model and access to AIM-120B. That’s all. If you take away the cockpit model addition then you have the actual JAS39A Version as the A version had the AIM-120B’s IRL.
So why call it C if it has none of the functional upgrades that the C got to make it a C version?
It honestly feels weird to add a jet but not add anything it has gotten as upgrades compared to its predecessor.

2 Likes

I’m neither Smin, nor gaijin, but I have a pretty strong guess on why that is.

The Gripen A has the RB75, which led to the SAAF Gripen getting AGM-65Bs (not Cs), but then they added the JAS39EBS HU C, which gets AGM-65Gs and Hs at the same BR. The AGM-65Gs were then also added to the SAAF Gripen and now they seem to believe having RB75s and RB75Ts is enough for the swedish Gripen, as they provide both a TV and a IR variant instead of just a TV variant.

Don’t get me wrong, this bothered me a lot as well, but the snail just does as it pleases

Thats the thing, both variant does have TV seeker.

RB75T is a modified RB-75 that contains SAP-HE for ASM missions, it doesnt have IR seeker.

If it had then none of us would’ve complain about this issue because it would be practically AGM-65G.

The Rb75T isn’t IR though, it is exactly the same as the AGM-65B but with extra amount of explosives, that’s it.

Oh, my bad then. I only had a short look at the swedish Gripen C on the dev server and must have thought the T in RB75T stood for something along the lines of thermal

75T does have SAP-HE Warhead while 65B does have HEAT iirc.

No problem :) the T stands for “tung” which means “heavy” in Swedish

T for Tung. Which is not thermal, is chonk.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense

“chonk” had me rolling XD <3

1 Like

The AGM-65G also has the SAP-HE warhead, but yeah, the B has HEAT

No worries, mistakes happens.

Thats why we want AGM-65G, SAP-HE Warhead with IR seeker makes excellent long range A2G munition.

1 Like

Hang on, isn’t the RB75 just a licensed Maverick? The RB75T should definitely be IR guided in that case, because only the A and B variants of the Maverick were TV guided.
Or did the swedes mix and match parts between the different variants?

the RB75 is a AGM-65B then the Swedes just modified it themselves, after a while, to contain more explosives and added T at the end.
They are no longer in use by Sweden and got replaced by an upgraded RB 15 instead (that we don’t have in game yet because of ridiculous ranges of glide-bombs). as far as i know (and have found) they haven’t used any other variant of the AGM’s.

1 Like

Tung is modified. It is TV with a SAP-HE warhead.

If they won’t give us the AGM 65G, reckon we should push for this as it is historically accurate and a notable part of the armament of the Gripen C. May not be balanced, but hey, didn’t stop them with the frogfoot.

1 Like