Japanese Weapons Master Thread

I just hope they dont copy paste the stats from the 9m

Knowing them it’s entirely possible 🤣

Tell me, could mitsubishi’s F-1 have used aim9L missiles? if so, why won’t they give out, or add a new F-1 with the name “late” to the general tab.

it could simply expand the capabilities of Japanese aviation. and give him a br 10.7 - 11.0 (compare with the mig-21 bis, which has 6 missiles and ltts)

Yes it can use AIM-9L
The problem with this however is it could increase its BR and it lacks flares which would be a even bigger problem at a higher BR.

1 Like

don’t get me wrong, but even playing on the T-2, I constantly meet opponents with r-60m and aim9L missiles, I don’t care who will be su-25, a-10, or mig 21bis, f-16 and similar machines. And as I wrote earlier, you can add F-1 (late). In order not to select f-1 from 10.3

1 Like

In frontal or lateral attacks and convergence, the F-1 is doomed to destruction because it cannot attack head-on

Yeah i agree the highest BR should be 10.7 though. I guess the reason we haven’t seen AIM-9L on the F-1 is because they don’t want to move the aircraft up or they just don’t care.

How about instead adding full loadouts of AN/ALE-41, AIM-9L, GCS-1, ASM-1 to the F-1 and move it up, but add FS-T2 Kai with current F-1 loadouts? It would keep this specific BR occupied while F-1 got full capabilities, and we even get a somewhat unique vehicle (even if only slightly).

2 Likes

it would even be unique

AAM-1

1 Like

Unknown AMRAAM on JASDF F-35A

2 Likes

i think it’s most likely AIM120C

1 Like

Clipped wings → AIM-120C

3 Likes

Japan is developing new air to air missiles
A new medium range missiles will be in development part of the FY2024 budget

images are just examples and not final design
20230831_041417
image-4

Also interesting is the research and development of a missile possibly medium range with a duel IR/radar seeker. I am unsure if this is a seperate missile or the same that was announced in development.

5 Likes

Would be fun to try yeeting the ASM-1 at ground targets.

4 Likes

@Smin1080p This will probably be ignored but is there a reason why the devs never added early Japanese domestic missiles such as the AAM-1 or AAM-2? Is it due to little known information? Though it still would of been nice to see them even if they had to estimate performance.

Speaking on Japanese missile are the devs considering AAM-3 anytime soon?

9 Likes

Does anyone know what the different colored missiles mean? For instance, the AAM-3 can be all white, blue and white, and just blue. Are these different colors for training/low visibility?

Found this little illustration

6 Likes

According to the FY2024 budget request there are multiple new missiles and weapons/systems currently in development or to be bought

The first is the A-SAM which was already tested on the experimental ship JS Asuka. It will complement ESSSM as a longer range Interceptor missile.

Spoiler

According to this the A-SAM will officially enter production stage

Spoiler

Next is the new medium range missile which i have already mentioned is on development

Spoiler

The railgun seems to be moving forward in continued development

Spoiler

Laser defense weapons research is also moving forward and will be equipped on ground based vehicles and ships. These are capable of destroying incoming weapons and drones.

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/VGsIKwA6BHk?si=kg8cFqY7dJjAmc3P

The purchase request for JASSM-ER for upgraded F-15JSIs was recently approved.
Also in the FY2024 request is JSM for F-35As

Spoiler

New Type 12 SSM for air, ground, ship versions seems to be moving forward with continued development

Spoiler

400 block 5 Tomahawk missiles to be equipped on Aegis ships.

Spoiler

Most of these new naval weapons will be equipped on the new BMD ship currently in development

Spoiler

Over all many new developments for weapons. There are also many new vehicle developments but that would be off topic. Looking forward to what’s to come!

9 Likes