Jaguar GR.1A Aim 9Ls

Guess its to do with wing loading. That being said, i doubt the 2x 9Gs on top make all that much difference to wing loading… hmmm

1 Like

Do we even heve the wing load that we can work with or no? (source that we can use)

@Gunjob I think has the manuals for the Jaguar

if i remember the wings were specifically reinforced for having 9Gs on top. That said i could’ve sworn blind they had tanks over the wings, though i may be mixing the Jag and Lightning up

Lightning definetly had over wing fuel tanks (they’d be really good and really helpful but I dont think they can be jettisoned, so a mix bag)

but I have no idea about the Jag. Though could be helpful in SB, you do burn fuel quite a lot in the jag, just like the Tornado

The rails were strapped on top so jag can defend itself while on missions without sacrificing bomb pylons. That i know for sure.
When it comes to fule tanks jags had them under the fuselage or inner wing pylons. Thats all i know

1 Like

yeah, a bit less than the Tornado, but having tanks would be great for RB, u can then punch them off and run 20/min fuel and stand a chance of fighting

Yeah, as a psuedo fuel dump, tanks are handy too. Several aircraft id exploit that tactic with when we eventually get tanks on them. Like the Hunter, Sea Harrier, Etc.

1 Like

Exactly. Hunter is the big one, at the moment cant take enough fuel to be worth flying, or take too much and you become a brick.

Its annoying considering the Hunter F58 has fuel tanks but the F6 or FGA9 dont yet.

1 Like

I find it funny too that the battlepass helmet is a high res version of the one you use in the jaguar.

1 Like

So the AMX is at 10.3 with two Aim-9L and the capacity for 6x 500lb LGB or 4x 1000lb LGB.

I know there’s speed difference of 200mph but we shouldn’t have to wait for the GR3 to get an Aim-9L equipped Jag

5 Likes

agreed, the gr.1a jag should defo get 9Ls

1 Like

Or at the very least 4x SRAAMs with all aspect. With the Jaguar GR1A at 10.3 and our entire ground line up being 10.3. It moving up at all what kill the aircraft. So it cannot move. But it needs an A2A buff of some description.

But yeah, would really love a late Jag. That would have been so much fun to have something like the Jaguar GR3A at 11.0 at any point in the past year.

2 Likes

What happened to the 4x Aim-9s?

Not possible due to wiring limitations based on what I’ve seen you can have two top or two bottom not both at the same time

It needs the 9Ls. I mean they wont even update its flight model so.

1 Like

IMG_1649

Whats the difference between GR1A and GR3A.

HMD for sure, tiald 500

1 Like