Jaguar GR.1A Aim 9Ls

Yeah, I miss those days. When the Gr7 was added, it slapped hard in SB. Routinely wiped out anythign and everything, but those days are long gone. I hope we see fixes for them, but yeah, part of me thinks its deliberate attempt to balance things out.

Yep, so true, even at top tier, the jet that can get onto the tail of its opponent and put a burst of cannon fire into them, usually wins. Can’t wait for the Typhoon

Yeah, basically, out of all of this, the conclusion is wait for the Euro Deltas like Typhoon and Rafale, hope and pray they aren’t out-competed by the inevitable 20 Flanker Variants coming along with them.

Yep, I fear the handi-capping they’ll get. Though there is some more near hope. The Shar FA2 Might be half decent. Think Gr7, with a very good radar and AMRAAM. But yeah, ultimately, gotta wait the year or more for the Typhoon before we get something truly good again.

Though we might see Jaguar Gr3A around 10.7/11 with 9Ls before then as well

This is my most played jet I use it in ARB and GRB. When it was 10.0 I did really well because I played in a squad. The fact that gaijin doesn’t even look at that kinda stuff. I would do well on my own but in a squad you could really wreck people.

Only thing meh in the FA.2 is that it will be the same brick as the older harriers.

Not necessarily.

“Upgrade of FRS1 fleet in 1988, featuring the Blue Vixen Pulse-Doppler radar and the AIM-120 AMRAAM missile. A development of the FRS.1. But did include the more powerful engine upgrade that the Harrier II’s received (Pegasus Mk.105/106).” - BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

So its an FRS1, with the engine from the Gr7, with a radar that may rival that of what we have in the Tornado F3, with Aim-9M/ASRAAM and AMRAAM.

It could be quite potent. If you employ viffing right, you will out turn everything, the only issue is that it will be sub-sonic, but that does mean it will be on the low end of the Fox3s and therefore hopefully will see a wider range of things to slap. You wont be able to go full offense, but certainly hold your own.

The only issue, is that you can’t take AMRAAM, Sidewinders and guns at the same time, any 2, but not all 3. Though I never have much success with the 30mm ADENs, so not that upset about that. If it was the 25mm like on the Gr7, then that would be annoying

Tornado IDS Marineflieger vs every other Tornado IDS. The only difference is that the other Tornadoes have Paveways (which are only useful in ground RB) and they all have a higher BR because of it.

3 Likes

The ECR-90 radar used on the Eurofighter is apparently very close in performance to the Blue Vixen (it was developed from it). So Blue Vixen should be a very good radar.

1 Like

I have heard it was excellent. Just hoping we actually get that radar. Looks at the FRS1 and F3 (at launch). I dont know how much of this we’ll actually “feel” in game, but also with the FA2 being single crew, not double crew, Im hoping the radar might be a little easier to use

The engine is better but is still the same airframe, won’t have the same capability as the GR.7 with that amazing instant turn.

AMRAAM, Gun, AMRAAM, double sidewinder. Custom Load out at its finest lol

No idea if it can mount a gun and an AMRAAM at the same time on the belly tho

The other thing about the Jag is its probably the least powerful CAS.

You get two laser guided bombs but really to use them effectively you need to climb to altitude to avoid SPAA.
That being said if you auto lock a tank I have so many issues with it losing lock - most of the time I just have to guide them in manually. And when you get a to a certain altitude - tanks just start sliding around and are very desyncd.
Dumb bombs and rockets are hard to use at that BR and you really dont have enough chaff or flares to hang around.
Its a quick strike aircraft and then you gotta RTB.
Things like the SU25 can just dump flares and take massive amounts of damage and proceed to just wreck the battefield.

1 Like

Why not? It can get 9L and stay 10.3 when 10.0 we have SU-25 and 10.3 we have A-10 late
Super sonic i can count how many time my GR1A can reach super sonic (also JaguarA can get magic 2)

Magic 2 would not likely come to the Jaguar A, it will be a 50G missile with IRCCM better than the R-73 at some point when it’s properly fixed.

Once F3Hs, F-100s, A/J32s, Hunters, Sabers, and other stuff with no countermeasures are no longer at the same BR range, maybe.

Su-25’s max speed is mach 0.82.
A-10’s max speed is 700kph.
GR1A’s max speed is mach 1.05 on deck, and 1.4+ at altitude.
GR1A is already superior to those as is without the missiles.

1 Like

only when…

well but those have more ground loadout and more CM Jag have only two GBU so i don’t see why it can’t have it when other can and it will only have two of them

Good thing GBUs don’t matter in air RB.
GBUs BTW out-range A-10’s Mavericks cause GR1A can get to altitude.
And Su-25 has even less range.

1 Like

They have their plus and minus - fire and forget is range limited and GBUs you can fly high but if you get higher as I said you run into game issues and also the time it takes for bombs to fall.

I don’t see how any of that matters if you’re giving it the equivalent of 2 free kills as anything at that BR with less than 200 countermeasures would struggle to evade a bunch of magic 2 slinging supersonic aircraft.

1 Like

I don’t have issues flying it in GRB tbh, radar SPAAs are easy to dodge now (you just need situational awareness), and if you’re using your guided bombs correctly you shouldn’t be in range for IR SPAAs too. If you die to a fighter, well, they are just doing their job.