J-8F problems collection(MAWS, PL-11, IRCCM missiles)

As it stands j8f is the only 12.3 without irccm capability.

2 Likes

@InterFleet so it seems J-8F can use PL-11.

I asked Andreis Ruprecht for his list of sources on J-8 and he was unable to provide anything but various secondary and tertiary sources + photos of the new plane’s ordnance with no PL-11 next to it at the time they were showing off the new PL-12.

Did any of the sources on the J-8’s new radar also agree that there is no CW illumination device? Perhaps it can guide on a HPRF frequency or something.

maybe, before this, the argue is that PL-12 comes into service almost same time as J-8F, and not reliable at first time, Chinese army won’t stand this without a backup plane, in this situaion, PL-11.
Now, we finally have evidence, even a launching cut.

there have been an issue, but not a bugged for no reason
J-8F 可以发射PL11/J-8F can launch PL-11 // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

@Gunjob @Metrallaroja

I believe my report that the J-8F could not use PL-11 is now proven false, also it was marked ‘duplicate’ originally. Can y’all see if there is an internal report or source that shows the J-8F can / can’t use PL-11?
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vWZKG5mn6SBI

If there is no further sources than what I provided in my report, I’d request that it be marked as not a bug or fixed and amend the error by adding the PL-11 to the J-8F once more.

1 Like

possibly no, if there is any, someone would post it before. Only some Chinese military critics suggested it can. I think there are some classfied docs but they are classfied, so the critics can only “suggest”, but cant give any source they know.

There’s a possibility that it’s J-8H can be able fired PL-11

the show is about a specific squadron in west China using J-8F

I heard some sourses said late Sparrows could be guided with HPRF instead of CW, and we said J-8F can’t use PL-11 because Aspide use CW to guide and Type 1492 radar dont have ability to use CW, but is there a possibility thay PL-11 could use something not CW to guide? Maybe it’s not just a China made Aspide but also have upgrades

Why not launch the PL-9 series air-to-air missiles once and for all? They must be resistant to infrared interference!

1 Like

It’s certainly possible considering that it is a work of 1990s rather than much earlier, so the missile could certainly use HPRF, but it is only a speculation without source. PL11 are not just Aspides since they do have improvements but I have no sources even suggesting these improvements include HPRF guidance capabilities.

well, now we know the result, so whether J-8F gets its cw back, or PL-11 is upgraded with HPRF guidance

pl11 does not support hprf, all users have cwi,Both the 1473 and 149x have cwi on top of the radar antenna

Really cause the sources all suggest that they do not have CWI, where did your sources come from? I will be very interested to see the source if possible.

Very simple as Baidu J-10 and J-8 radar antenna photos on the line
5cb102353ac986eb9898a5adf1b3486a
ca9e87745af45c0bb8317ea7378dff8e

By the way, according to the ppt of the R&D unit, the 149x does not even have the capability of hprf

Well you did see the J8F firing PL11 photo. It for sure is capable.

ok, guys, I made this topic a collection of J-8F problem, you can add anything concerning J-8F here.
and I added MAWS problem too
J-8F lacks MAWS // Gaijin.net // Issues
edit: rejected, photo not enough, same as PL-11 issue

You made a bug report without sources that’s why It was refused as images don’t provide infos, instead of using images, make a bug report with the eletronics manual .

They are classified for the sake of knowledge, and even if you hand it in, since it is classified it won’t get acknoledged.

I have a hunch that gajin ready added MAWS and PL-8B on J-8F for third major update

In my opinion, PL-5E swap 2 x PL-5B (stock) & 6x PL-5B and add PL-8B

But J-8F never access PL-11 in PLAAF service