It's time for AIM-9X

how is the us “gimped” when they dont get it 20 years newer missile? the aim 9m is from the same era as the magic 2, aam 3 and r73

1 Like

Yep. This is what irks me the most on this subject. If balance is the argument, let’s just remove the R-73, Python 3, and don’t implement the AAM-3.

1 Like

The cope is unreal

4 Likes

then remove the aim 9m and L at that point, the python 3 doesnt even have irccm…

3 Likes

Im game for Tornado F3 firing off 4x ASRAAM.

1 Like

Neither does the R-73 or 9L? So what are you arguing here? Every nation gets a 40G capable missile but the US?

1 Like

Jesus christ America mains really are stupid…
The AIM-9M is one of the best missiles in the game, with a way more consistent IRCCM than the R-73.

1 Like

No.
We do not have R-73Ms, AIM-9X’s equivalent, at this time.
We however have 9Ms with superior IRCCM to R-73s.

2 Likes

My guy, it’s not just the R-73 on its own as the issue. Its both the amount the Su-27 is coming with AND the HMD. Not to mention it is coming along six R-27ERs and or six R-27ETs. Like no. That is incredibly unbalanced compared to four 9Ms, especially when the 9L is the stock. The gatekeeping for a better missile is old.

3 Likes

Turns out G pull isn’t everything.

Lmao. US gets to enjoy aim7e vs r3r for over 1.5 years and nothing but Russia gets r73 for like 6 months and “we suffered long enough”

7 Likes

Dude thinks air is the only mode the Western nations are suffering in. Like Russian ERA and the side of the BVM aren’t black holes that swallow long darts like they are nothing. Or the very existence of the Pantsir.

1 Like

Considering that this thread is about top tier air. It makes sense for my to mention air, yes.

I personally do not experience this NATO suffering in ground so it is not something that i constantly think about. At least US suffering, i suffer in british high rank tanks though

1 Like

Hell nah AIM-9X is crazy

1 Like

Numbers please.

7e is carrot on a stick without pulse doppler radar. None of 7e in-game carriers have it.

2 Likes

Why delete 3 missiles insted of add 1?

1 Like

That thread is your best bet

1 Like

Classified :p
But at least 50g overload, 20 mile range, focal plane array (completely unflareable). Plus it’s from goddam 2004 so not exactly used on aircraft we have in game.

They could just remove the artificial limiter they baked into the 9M when they implemented. I forgot that it is a 40-45G capable missile. Still doesn’t address the four Aim-7Ms vs six R-27 ERs/ETs though.