Israel should NOT get the M109

yes

Think with the same rule, why adding M109G to germany instead of the M109A2/A3 version or the PZH2000. And what about the AS-90 for Great Britain intsead the M109A1? Or the Type 99 SPH for Japan or the South Korean K-9 Thunder? We already have the VIDAR (A South Korean K-9 thunder used by Norway) so why they cant add them? And what about the chinese PLZ-05 instead the PLZ-83? And the AHS Krab SPH used by Poland (an modified version of the K-9 thunder) And why they dont added the 2S19 Msta-S for Russia? And why not adding the M109A6 “Paladin” to EE.UU instead the A1 version?.

Give them time, this update are literally made in 1 month. Im sure they gonna see more artillery tanks in the game even with his own aiming system for indirect fire in the future.

As a lover of ground vehicles and especially indirect artillery, I am happy to see that they are adding more of this type of vehicles in the game. I think this is a good step to see these vehicles in the future added in the game so dont mind it, its a new vehicle for the Israel ground forces. Israel used it, and then gaijin added it to the game and i think its good.

2 Likes

They used it, and it’s being modeled for the US so why not add it for every country that used it at the same time

3 Likes

because its a waste of 40k RP

Chinese tanks are a waste of RP, especially since their military never existed until after WWII

It translates to 20 matches of 2k research points and 10 with premium.

I think it’s better than grinding a second (and worse) Leopard 2A5 (the PSO) 240 matches of 2k research points and 120 with premium (more or less)

So I keep thinking it is a good addition to the game, remember, this update are made in 1 month so I think is normal to have some copy-paste vehicles. Let see what they have prepared for December.

All would be different BRs, so none of those would be “instead” of, but additions.

Wherever a military did exist or not before WW2 has no hand in whether a nation should get ranks I-III or not. China and Taiwan happened to buy a lot of exports, Sweden developed their own military vehicles from scratch, and Israel scavenged literal junkyard garbage to create a mad max military.

Ctrl C + Ctrl V is always going to happen in place of something unique, especially if you can do it more than once and add hundreds of thousands of RP to the game by making players research the same thing over and over and over.

Are those Chinese Tanks in the Room with us now?

Same with UK, Germany, and Italy.
Give us AS90s, PzH 2000s, and Palmarias, not copy paste

1 Like

yes i agree

At least they could improve the engine sound
Playing with M109 is the SAME that playing with type 75
That engine sound is AWFUL

Just listen this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNQhu4jYk8

Lots of vehicles have the same engine sounds, a lot of IFVs from different nations and entirely different era’s somehow end up with the same engine sounds.

1 Like

They can be added in the future as well.

But the M109 is also 100% valid for the Israel tree.

All M109 users were given a base variant M109 (US and UK got M109A1) [becoz at one point all of them had M109 as their primary SPG except Russia, China, France and Sweden of course]

After this, each of these nations can be given their upgraded/unique SPGs in separate future update(s).

Like Crusader & M109A6/A7 Paladin for US;

Abott,SP70 and AS90 for UK; (even commonwealth SPGs too like Bhim and Huntsman)

Palmaria,SP70, M109G, Pzh2000 for Italy

SP70, Pzh200,TAM VCA for Germany

Sholef, Ro’esh, Doher for Israel
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_iKqxyXAAAkRX6?format=jpg&name=900x900
and if possible also,
Taiwanese M109A5 for China and
Norwegian M109A3GN for Sweden
but
I am actually mad that Gaijin didn’t add the M108 & M53 for US, Sexton for UK & Hummel for Germany before adding the M109s

1 Like

Sure there is! The model is just lying around in other trees and it definitely fills a hole in the Israeli 6.0 line for a lightly armored derp gun… It was either this or giving it a plain vanilla Sherman down in the 3.somethings where it has a great lineup. /s

Open a history book and see, just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t used in the IDF.
images - 2024-03-20T203105.297

Israel does need the M109, the fact that Israel does not receive enough unique vehicles at all is another problem for a whole other topic

1 Like

Hehehem. What’s cheaper one of these to design or another copy of the M109 that the model is already done? Give you a hint it often comes down to finance. Given their primary company is located in Hungary. ->10,850 Hungarian Forint is only worth 30 USD. However for developers that’s around 1,850 per month. Models cost 10k each. meaning that’s around 10 months’ worth. Not a defender just a person who got that answer(10k per cockpit->could imply to vehicles as well).