Is the requirement for economy / progression suggestions too high?

The radar will 100 percent be able to detect them on open sky, and the missiles will have an easy time hitting a target that won’t manuver to save the attack run.

Radars have a elevation of 18 degrees for the most part, and some SPAA don’t even have radars.

Choosing to never play SPAA is a bad decision.

I play SPAA more often and more successfully than the majority of people, not the point.

Other aircraft are the best way to counter aircraft most of the time.

Aircraft are not a guaranteed spawn, having to play anything but tanks in order to be able to play the game at all is not good game design, either I sit in SPAA or I fly a fighter but never is the answer to play a tank… combined arms argument shouldn’t just be about justifying the existence of CAS when it invalidates the existence of ground vehicles.

I use SPAA as a second spawn and if I die in it then I get to spawn with an MBT (or equivilent for BR) while the enemy team has used their stronger vehicles.

Yeah, you spawn an MBT first to be killed by CAS, then you spawn SPAA and you probably get killed by CAS again and then you can spawn another MBT to get killed by CAS.

There isn’t a window where CAS exists and it doesn’t CAS exists from beginning to end, which means you need to be in an SPAA from beginning to end to counter it.

I’m talking about planes, not SPAA. Mentioned right before the part you quoted.

So CAS is to easy to spawn, but now Aircraft aren’t a guaranteed spawn. “Not good game design” for a tank only game, which Warthunder is not. The game is combined arms and if you approch it like it isn’t then you will struggle. Yes, tanks aren’t usually designed for anti aircraft duties, that would be SPAA. You can play tanks all day if you want, noone said you can’t. You’ll get killed by aircraft sometimes, but dying happens in a combat game. Choosing not to embrace the entirety of the game available to you is a personal issue, not one of game design. If you (or any player) came to Warthunder thinking it was tank only then you were mistaken and that isn’t the game’s fault.

No, usually I die to another ground vehicle first. When I spawn an SPAA it is usually before enemy aircraft are up, and I usually don’t die to SPAA in the BRs that I play them. I apply appropriate tactics to maximize my chances of survival and successful engagement of targets. If I do die in my SPAA to aircraft or ground units and aircraft are still up I spawn SPAA again to help the team.

Krilling myself rn

I’m talking about planes, not SPAA. Mentioned right before the part you quoted.

Well I’m glad other planes can whilst the SPAA still dies because only Russia is allowed effective radar.
I posted the radar ranges of SPAA so I don’t know why you made it about planes, as if there is some sort of synergy between systems.

So CAS is to easy to spawn, but now Aircraft aren’t a guaranteed spawn.

You’re getting it.

Choosing not to embrace the entirety of the game available to you is a personal issue

Embracing means permanently sitting on anti-CAS duty and not playing tanks, combined arms is only ever used in defense of abusive CAS and never in support of ground forces, which are player controlled ground targets.

No, usually I die to another ground vehicle first. When I spawn an SPAA it is usually before enemy aircraft are up, and I usually don’t die to SPAA in the BRs that I play them.

So your first death is within the first 2-3 minutes of the game, you spawn SPAA and no planes are up so it’s a roll of the dice if there is even anything to do, you might be wasting your time, you might die from something and now you’re back in an MBT and CAS is still spawning so back to SPAA I guess.

Because aircraft are a better counter to 11.7+ planes than SPAA. I have been talking about planes since I mentioned countering top down attacks with SARH missiles.

So your argument is just a contradiction.

Warthunder is a combined arms game. It states it in the websites FAQ about the game. It isn’t a defense for anything, it is how the game is designed. The entire game is about combined arms, no game type only has 1 type of vehicle present in the mode. Air is a slight exception, because the ground units present aren’t player controlled, but it still has air, ground, and naval elements.

You guess wrong. But I’m not going to try to explain it further since you haven’t understood it thusfar.

Because aircraft are a better counter to 11.7+ planes than SPAA. I have been talking about planes since I mentioned countering top down attacks with SARH missiles.

Also a vastly more expensive option relative to SPAA and not as rewarding as just spawning your own CAS instead.

So your argument is just a contradiction.

Something being easy to spawn is not the same thing as people endlessly doing it, guaranteed spawn meaning it’s not a guarantee that people will spawn it, which means you’re wasting time.

Air is a slight exception

Ground units being AI or player controlled is pretty much the same thing at this point. Where is the ground mode with AI controlled planes then.

More expensive, yet more effective. Not as rewarding for you, but could sway the gamenin your teams favor increasing rewards for everyone.

Where are the player controlled SPAA in air? You won’t even play SPAA in ground battles, noone would ever queue for SPAA in air battles. If there was AI controlled CAS you’d probably still die to it and complain anyway.

Again, being proactive in combat is more effective than being reactive. Wasted time when you are prepared for a threat is better than being caught off guard.

Not as rewarding for you, but could sway the gamenin your teams favor increasing rewards for everyone.

Yet I am playing the game to progress my ground tree, if I have to fly in a plane all day long why am I not just playing an air mode?

You won’t even play SPAA in ground battles

Again, being proactive in combat is more effective than being reactive. Wasted time when you are prepared for a threat is better than being caught off guard.

And I still never get to actually play tanks.

Combined arms where you can play tanks and aircraft.

You can always play tank, but then you have to deal with air

Combined arms where it’s 2 minutes of tanks before planes shit on everything else.

Combined arms where people complain about the vehicles they should expect to see in game and get mad when they are told to counter them.

Combined arms where one of the arms is clearly superior to the other to a point where you cannot play it and instead having to permanently player a counter role to due how powerful it is.

Okay but combined legs when

Translated: If you cant spend hours doing specific research, market analysis, and game economy modeling while showing us how this will boost our income with out us doing the work and with out you getting paid to do our jobs the post will be denied.

1 Like

1 Like

Combined arms where you can easily counter one arm with that same arm, but players aren’t willing to play the counters and just sit around and cry.

Nothing is a guaranteed counter, plain and simple, and all counters prevent you from playing ground forces. It’s nonsense.

Nothing prevents you from playing ground forces, but if you only play ground forces you suffer because of aircraft that you choose to not effectively counter. Tank only tactics don’t work in a combined arms environment.

As already stated answer to the question that was posted at the start of the thread. As the answer has already been stated in another thread created by the OP.

We will be closing this thread. If you have anymore questions about the rules/guidelines feel free to reach out to a senior suggestion moderator.

3 Likes