Is anyone else missing the squares which tell you what shell is loaded or how many at the bottom of screen during a match

Hey guys asking the forum if they can help I’ve been playing religiously for over a year now but the last 2 days and I don’t know what shell I have loaded or how many I have left is this happening to anyone else or have I messed up a setting it’s really annoying especially when I just had HE loaded trying to kill a Sherman and kept pressing 1 for my AP but apparently that didn’t work just reaching the end of my tether as I was in a good flanking position when this happened with 3 tanks in my cross hair and after tickling one 7 times with HE and abusing my no.1 key I eventually got tracked and killed I had a noobie team and could have turned the tide why do these things happen when it suits them like yesterday I took 6 shots and was out of ammo even though I always have a lucky 14 shells of AP and and 6 of HE

Thanks in advance but PLEASE HELP ME I’m gonna break something valuable 🤷‍♂️

press - on main keyboard.

2 Likes

It’s a new feature, that you can hide the “squares at the bottom of the screen”. There should be a little up-arrow button, you can click to show them again.

I believe that the default hotkey for hiding/showing them is "".
If you, like me, find it rather annoying when you accidentally hide them, you can remove the hotkey in controls.

3 Likes

Thankyou so much guys your answers have worked brilliant the key was right there it is just so small I couldn’t see it plus it’s set to my range finder so fun times re mapping still doesn’t explain how HE was loaded but brilliant I can push forward and continue the team effort and Again Thank you

the great community of War Thunder Helps again

I had the same problem a couple of days ago. Had the squad map ping bound on “-” and since it was the default bind for hiding the shell ui, this happened. Very awkward, good thing players in the in-game chat helped me.

FWIW, I have my Sight Distance reset control set to / which is the default for
hiding the squares. The actual command is under:

Common

Interface

Collapse/expand action bar in battle.