Increase spawn cost for planes and helicopters

i mean… this is a bad example… in 90% of games there are more tanks/ground vehicles than planes, but yes there are still too many planes, and yes planes are ridiculous cheap and ridiculously over powered (in a LOT more ways than just KDA)

You know SPAA needs direct line of sight towards the aircraft to actually engage them right? You literally can’t do your only job if you have to sit in cover from CAS the entire time.

1 Like

You don’t need to hide all the time compared to what some would have you think to facilitate their victim narrative.

Hell, you don’t even have to have your radar running all the time, which also lessens your profile.

He can share lots of examples of how to die in SPAA,

1 Like

Buddy I have parked my tanks on an incline many a time to counter CAS be it plane or heli and have netted many air kills that way. The arguments that tanks are incapable of helping themselves is both intellectually lazy and dishonest and I’m bloody tired of hearing it.

1 Like

Oh yes, things that happen because air user is bad is a valid reason to say that there is no problem

4 Likes

Make planes start from the runway so they aren’t immediately airborne, and increase the spawn points required to spawn with heavy bombs and ordinance.

Remove the helipad near the ground battle so they can’t just hover over it and repair and restock ammo as easily.

1 Like

Make planes start from the runway so they aren’t immediately airborne

That’s not going to solve anything. At around 7.0 prop-planes already have to start from modern jet air spawns and that doesn’t help anything. Only delays the inevitable. And on the other hand, it makes it harder to counter planes with fighter aircraft.

The “just hide from planes” answer from some people is straight up nonsense.
Just think about everytime that you have a plane/heli and look over an open map (or even better an open spawn while you have thermals) and see someone. It’s entirely up to you to not make a mistake while engaging them. There is absolutely nothing that vehicle can do to stop you from killing it. If you don’t miss your bomb/missile/rocket (and with guided munitions, you won’t) then they will die.
As long as you don’t make a mistake, they will die every time, and there is simply nothing for them to do.

Pretending that tanks have some ways to counter engage a plane/heli or to completely hide form it is just asinine. How many engagements against a tank have you ever “lost” from your heli, due to something that was done by that tank? If you die to SPAA, that a third party doing stuff, it’s not something the tank did to somehow survive.

10 Likes

Yes, this

Been saying it for years… tanks can do little to Nothing to fight planes… and even if they somehow get a good shot off with main cannon or machine guns… it means they are looking UP, and shooting… so other enemies, both tanks and planes will see this and then , you cant defend yourself, since youre distracted, barrel up. or no round in the chamber (and about 100 other things that make CAS over powered, other than just their KDA)

– and while i was typing this… i got bombed… yay… . that Definitely doesnt happen 8 out of 10 games… for sure… guaranteed… Definitely.

1 Like

also repair-cost hinders me to j out off my tank to get in to the spaa.
game mode in ground isnt very well thought through. the whole system needs a workover because the higher in ranks the worse the problem. often its not even possible for me to get out of spawn because the f16s and migs blow me directly in to the hangar.

Yea, I don’t J out either…

I just find the best person who is making a push, and make a dive with them and hope that they use the opportunity in the ‘gap’ created by my action to make a move.

If you’ve already done enough, you can make it worth it.

Why? Because he uses terrain to shoot down aircraft in tanks?

1 Like

1- If you can shoot at a plane with a tank, the plane made a huge mistake. Again, it’s on the plane. If he doesn’t make a stupid mistake, you won’t be able to shoot it.
2- Even then. that can only be done up to mid tier. When helis are 8km away with fire and forget missiles and planes are 5km in altitude dropping guided munitions, you won’t be able to shoot them, ever.
3- For every plane you kill with your tank, planes have killed dozens if not hundreds of targets.

As usual, pretending that tanks have magical counter measures vs cas, and people pretending they snipe planes left and right.

3 Likes

I am not saying that tanks are ultra effective against aircraft, I am just pointing out how ridiculous it is to call a player the “opposite of smart” for showing flexibility and ingeniuity.

1 Like

And the Maus only stands a chance against a BMP-1, M56 or any other light tank at its BR, if the light tank player is bad. I guess, we must make those matchups impossible then, too, right?

Woah, that is a take that a not smart person would make, but then.

Why do You think Maus can’t take other vechicles? Doesn’t he have a 128mm gun to deal with them? Something different from Maus not having AA armament. Then why do You think he can not deal with light vechicles which can be overpreassured by 75mm HEAT?

2 Likes

Because for the Maus to be able to hit them, they need to be bad enough to move in front of it.

Any Maus that destroys a light tank does that, because the light tank lets it do that.

Really? With that take?

Then any tank against any has to meet bad player.

Sorry but comparing tank vs air to tank cs tank scenario is just „not smart” ;)

Against a tank You always have a chance but against plane he has to make a mistake, otherwise there is nothing You can do

People don’t want to take on SPAA roles, because you would literally have to stand idly for more than half of the game and even when you go against planes, any experienced pilot who looks out for SPAAs will be able to counter the SPAAs while it has no chance to really fight back, especially if there’s 2 CAS. Especially at top tier where planes can use missles from the literal orbit on ground targets.

1 Like