Increase Air Map Size in GRB

If I could change the game, I would increase the air-map size. For instance, on some maps like Abandoned Factory, planes are restricted to a ~10 mile radius from the battlefield. This is the range of the Pantsir S1. I think it should be at least ~30 mile radius.

I say this as a CAP pilot, NOT a CAS pilot, because in the F-14A or B, you cannot make the most use your radar or AIM-54’s (this problem will be exacerbated with the addition of ARH for more planes soonTM.) I would go even further and suggest all planes must spawn at an airfield at the edge of the map. Ideally 20-30 miles, in my opinion.

p.s. I made a suggestion post regarding this that got insta-rejected within 5 minutes, so I posted another one that is currently pending. That’s why I thought it would be a good idea to discuss this with the players here. What are your thoughts?

5 Likes

Did anything come of your suggestion?

This is a +1 for me. The thing I like the most is the added travel time from spawn to the ground battle area.

Like you pointed out, this would give CAS more breathing room, but also allow CAP the time and space to intercept said CAS without being shot down by SPAA themselves (A real headache IMO)

2 Likes

Short Answer: No, they denied/ignored it.
Long Answer: It’s been so long and I didn’t have any hope for someone to listen and implement since there’s so many other issues players have with the game. I dm’d a CM and they gave me some advice like only suggest one change per suggestion, and the change must be sufficiently elaborated on.

Fair enough

& honestly I forgot about this…I’m going to try to create a clear and concise suggestion after work, you should try the same if you wish. Wish me luck

Good luck O7