In-game text SIZE

I play at a resolution of 3440 x 1440, and the in-game text is simply HUGE. When there are about four indicators showing even just the type of plane and distance, it becomes a jumble of text that is incomprehensible.

Just as we have a setting to change the text size in game menus, why not have one for in-game text as well?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

You can change the number of things it shows you

I mean you can alter that? I play at 5120*1440 and it’s acceptable with my settings. You can also adjust the UI as a whole.

I play using a 4K HDR monitor (3840 x 2160) and I don’t experience this issue.

Have you tried adjusting the UI scaling in the client’s options menu?

2 Likes

My monitor has the same resolution and I have the text expanded(old and all, need larger font sizes . . .lol) but what would also suggest is setting the Resolution to Auto, as shown here on the launcher
see if that helps any

where?

that’s for the MENU.
I’m talking about IN-GAME indicators. Like enemy names, type of jet, distance and so on :)

The only information you can change is the measurement (meters, km, miles, etc). Besides that… there’s no option to change the size of the in-game marker, and the text for it.

I think it’s the “Player’s Marker” setting… I know for my PS4 I turned off everything but the type because I had a lower resolution.

so sad :( Can Gaij do something about this?

You can put a request in to the Suggestions area for the text size thing.

But, like what PCPaulDPearl wrote, you can turn off individual text indicators in the Options | Player Markers settings section.

IMO, definitely turn off “titles” – it’ll give you back some screen space by removing text that is basically meaningless for battle.

Distance, Vehicle and nickname I find useful, but you can turn off those individually if you want too.

Titles go away except at very close distances anyway, it doesn’t make that much difference.