Impliment a new 2 player aa game mechanic

Please add vehicle’s like the Swedish rbs 98, vehicles like these do not carry an irts or radar, therefor make them folderd and add radar vehicle’s, (basically a long range radar on a towed platform), vehicle’s like the rbs 98 and these “radar vehicles” can connect and the aa system with a radar, if the aa vehicle get a kill give kill credit to both the aa vehicle and the “radar vehicle”, this would reward playing spaa more in top tier battles

1 Like

Would an aircraft dropping a bomb on them get two kills or one? Would the player in the radar vehicle have any ability to fight (e.g. with an arcade-esque spawnable tank) or are both players out of the game? Both players can’t get full rewards for what one did (see severe damage) so what you might get is a 50/50 or 75/25 split

To be clear, I want this to happen. But it needs a LOT of work to work

3 Likes

I feel like the much better option would just be to have the radar station be towable, and controllable by one player.

I dont forsee a lot of players being willing to play the passive radar vehicle and be stuck on the whims, skills, or lack thereof of other random players, plus actually killing stuff is more fun than just staring at a radar lock until your teammate eventually (hopefully) kills them. So in the case of random games it’d probably end up with lots of the missile trucks spawning, but nowhere near enough radar trucks to go with them.

3 Likes

Do you even play “teammates are just enemies in blue”? lol

Would be kinda dull for the guy in the radar and would mean your team was at least 1 player short.

I’d love to see 2 player vehicles. like navigators in aircraft like the Tornado F3 or F-14, or for naval having 2 people control 1 ship. But I think in this instance, it just doesnt work.

Would be better to either

A) Have the radar towed
B) Have the radar be a second AI vehicle that follows you
C) Have the radar “off-map” and static

4 Likes

I believe switching into the radar unit could work too, something like the current way Gaijin implements drones in ground and recon aircraft in naval

1 Like

Yeah, thats a good shout, does make use of existing “mechanics”

1 Like

Or back to enlisted where you have an AI controlled vheicel as you have AI controlled squad mates in enlisted. You can add WP and set modes for them or switch in said AI companion.

In short add enlisted AI squad mates or in this case platoon vehicels.

The idea fo two players maning one unit is bad as the other guy in radar vehicle will have nothing to do expect for watching a screen on ascreen on screen for green dots to show up. Has no offensive wepons and has no defensive weapons on tiny maps…

Just copy enblisted mechanics in to WT.

Radar player gets salty or just wants to troll and shuts their radar off.

These kinds of mechanics only work in games that are centered around real squads, not randoms.

1 Like

I think having an offmap, stationary FCS Radar would be good for this. Switch between them, or, alternatively, the FCS Radar always scans and points in the direction that you (the missile carrier) is looking.
Offmap FCS radars would also introduce the need to counter them, aka ARMs, but they should be repairable because without them the missiles themselves are actually useless.

On another note, any system that uses an external fire control radar (Hawk, Kub, etc.) are way too long ranged for current ground map’s air map. Those types of SAMs would fit much better in air sim, and there isn’t really a “practical” way of adding them to GRB because the range disparity between a Roland and a Hawk is just so massive.

1 Like

Yeah, we are in a funny point with SAMs where they go from 10ish km to 100+km and that just wouldnt be fun in GRB.

But proper SEAD in ASB would be a dream of mine. (so long as AI SAMs could actaully be chaffed)

True, best thing they can do is just make it match the range of the S1 for gameplay reasons. I would honestly lol

Yeah, it might be necessary. Though still some options left with the right range. Like the Supacat HVM for Britian that fires 16km range ASRAAM

1 Like

ohhh, hope to seeing that thing in the future. Would be a must have for me as I use SPAAs/SAMs like…a lot.

1 Like

Yeah, I can quite happily sit in something like the Stormer most of the match. But I just cant stand the ADATS

I remember sharing an idea like either last year or beginning of this year about secondary support vehicles. My idea was have them Radar vehicles stationary at the rear of the base while the main vehicle is able to use its radar and lock onto their targets.

2nd option is just drag them around attached to its rear like that churchill crocodile with the flamethrower.
Screenshot 2024-08-28 200231

1 Like

Dude. Closing in on, and firing an ARM at, a SAM battery’s FCR and then having to dodge the resulting SAMs going after you because your ARM necessitated going well into effective range of the SAM to actually hit would be so fun in sim lmao. A SEAD aircraft would basically have to pull off every trick in the book to survive that.
Also, if they are ever going to add these kinds of SAMs, they need to model ECM. But I think they should model it to have “ECM Burn-Through” at ranges within like 30km for Ground RB players (and their SAMs) to not really have to deal with ECM. At ranges beyond that, though, ECM can actually do something for aircraft survivability, especially if SAMs are added, because then you have the added chance of the SAM going off track from ECM and not hitting you.
It’s really complicated as a system, but I hope it happens sometime

1 Like

second option: remove the pantsir (lol)

1 Like