Eastern vs Western CAS/SPAA Imbalance

The US really needs SPAA

4 Likes

Which one? Sgt.Stout (stryker shorad) wouldnt fix it

Because if the East got their new weaponry that’s long range they would completely out range the Eastern stuff and be unbalanced, and the way it is right now seems fine to me.

(I.e. Generational tech battles (east creating one thing, and then the west creating something of similar role to show might) took time, and lots of R&D, meaning if it’s still in use, it’s probably classified, or wouldn’t be able to be balanced)

1 Like

Make some suggestions and hope it will pass to the devlopers.

we need multi vehicle spaa question is how to implement them

Really tryna push this idea of mine lol

1 Like

Could be done with the mechanic we use for drones

yea something like that or a spawn able radar truck with a few launchers behind the spawn
that will not fire until commanded by the radar truck
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Airday-Nordholz_2013_by-RaBoe_106.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Airday-Nordholz_2013_by-RaBoe_106.jpg

1 Like

Fun fact multi vehicle spaa is a thing since atleast ww2 and no I am not talking about aa missile prototypes

USA CAS is the best in the game 2nd to none. Are they not Western to you?
As for SPAA, all 10 tech trees lack SPAA able to frag any top CAS when played correctly.
TOR-M1 is Crotale equivalent.
JH-7A is quite literally F-111F equivalent, which is inferior to other US CAS.
Su-25SM3 is AV-8B equivalent.

Ka-50 hasn’t be “the meta” since heli PVP.

7 Likes

JH-7A is quite literally F-111F equivalent, which is inferior to other US CAS

I have the JH-7A and it requires absolutely no skill and that’s especially thanks to the long range TV guided missiles. I’m not here trying to say Russia and China should get vehicle nerfed or removed but all other tech trees should be brought to their level.

Su-25SM3 is AV-8B equivalent

Pure delusion, don’t make me laugh brother the SU-25SM3 is far superior to the AV-8B/GR.7.

Ka-50 hasn’t be “the meta” since heli PVP

The KA-50 is pretty good if you have more than three functional braincells, the Vikhr missiles are still goated as hell and when it comes to helicopter PvP (in ground realistic) it’s easily one of the best.

TOR-M1 is Crotale equivalent

I have the Tor-M1 and most of China in fact, the Tor-M1 far exceeds the Crotale and comparing it to anything but the Pantsir is absolutely ridiculous, the most manoeuvrable missiles in-game with datalink for 2 missiles is a absurdly good thing to have.

1 Like

This is just flat out wrong, the F-16C is the best CAS in game

1. 6x mavericks + 2x paveway III
  2. Supersonic
  3. Maneuverable
  4. Good optics
  5. capable of defending itself against CAP

now compare that to the Su-25SM3

1. 4x KH38MT + 2x Kh25ML
  2. Subsonic
  3. Bad maneuverability
  4. Bad optics shared by all su-25
    5 2x mediocre IR missiles for defense

The F-16C is just a better plane the only good thing on the sm3 is the 38MT

The JH7A is objectively bad it only gets access to 2x Kh29T and some guided bombs whike every other plane that can carry CAS even the Mirage 2000 just gets better weapons

The Tor is a bad SPAA why would you even remotely consider it better than western SPAA

5 Likes

Are you actually getting filtered by a heli with only guns and rockets, literally just use a proxy shell or machine gun they’re barely a threat to anything but a light tank

2 Likes

This is just flat out wrong, the F-16C is the best CAS in game

The Kh-38 both laser and TV variants are the best air to ground missiles in-game, they far exceed anything the F-16C can carry but the F-16C isn’t too short from the SU-25SM3.

Being able to kill 2 to 6 targets the minute you spawn in whilst having MAWS and the best RWR on a fixed-wing aircraft makes it a absolute beast at CAS.

Bad optics shared by all su-25

The SU-25SM3 has a new FLIR fitted at the nose of the aircraft with generation 2+ thermals, it’s completely fine and is better than most thermal pods aircraft can carry (if you want to include drag and performance).

The JH7A is objectively bad it only gets access to 2x Kh29T

My experience in the JH-7A says otherwise, the Kh-29T is usually a free kill and being able to evade whilst firing missiles at bandits is a huge luxury only Eastern nations have (the AGM-65 is nothing compared to it).

The Tor is a bad SPAA why would you even remotely consider it better than western SPAA

I honestly prefer the Tor-M1 over the Pantsir in my opinion and this is due to how manoeuvrable the missiles are, it’s EASILY the 1st or 2nd best SPAA in-game without a doubt and saying otherwise is pure ignorance.

Are you actually getting filtered by a heli with only guns and rockets, literally just use a proxy shell or machine gun

Yeah load proximity and predict the helicopter rushers whilst compromising your effectiveness against actual tanks and/or waste time using your machine gun on the helicopters which allows enemy vehicles to get into better spots?

Helicopter rushers and especially the KA-50/52 literally are the bane of the game, they shape the entire course of the game due to their huge disruption at the start.

4 Likes

i tested the agm 65 in hover mode and the range was an abysmal 3.5km at 3km altitude

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if they’re the best the maverick can also be fired outside of SPAA range and you get more of them on a better airframe

MAWS is borderline useless and i dont know why you’re bringing it up it literally gets set off by your own flares and chaff along with enemy flares and chaff you should always have it turned off

Targeting pods are vastly superior to nose optics as since you know there’s no need to fly face first into the enemy

Oh wow 2 free kills, you know the A10 at 10.3 gets 6x mavericks for 6 free kills

Its literally not i can literally just go low alt and the TOR becomes useless

Do you not have functional ears or something???

Everyone is going to laugh at you for saying this you know that right? Heli rushers haven’t been an issue since the Ka-50 got its br moved up

3 Likes

well i am not laughing wile its more rare than it used to be its still a thing they just fly low and then pitch up over the battlefield were most guns and cannons cant hit them and spam away the big rockets that are far superior to hydras and if that should fail they have a very good 30mm gun

then there is the Ukraine method stay out of range and just wholly fire rockets from afar with the ccip even out of hearing range at times

the ka52 has up to 20 rockets with 63mm of high explosive pen
basically a m109 firing he shells

It doesn’t matter if they’re the best the maverick can also be fired outside of SPAA range and you get more of them on a better airframe

The AGM-65 is a subsonic missile which can easily be intercepted unlike the supersonic Kh-38, the Kh-38 is also the only air to ground missile in-game with lofting and a large warhead.

MAWS is borderline useless and i dont know why you’re bringing it up it literally gets set off by your own flares

UV MAWS can be set off by flares yes but not your own, if someone is directly flaring in front of you then ignore the MAWS warning and other than that it gives a huge amount of visual awareness in ground RB.

Targeting pods are vastly superior to nose optics as since you know there’s no need to fly face first into the enemy

The gimbal limit of the FLIR on the SU-25SM3 is pretty impressive actually and this generally doesn’t matter as you should be running the TV variants of the Kh-38 anyways.

Oh wow 2 free kills, you know the A10 at 10.3 gets 6x mavericks for 6 free kills

Key word - the minute you spawn - no vehicle should be capable of firing multiple supersonic TV guided missiles the minute the spawn in without competent SPAA engaging them.

The A-10A Late is also absolute a** as in the 11.7 environment as well, don’t be silly.

Its literally not i can literally just go low alt and the TOR becomes useless

Quite literally applies to ALL SPAA in-game, flying low will help with evading missiles inbound from enemy SPAA and no SPAA in-game has a fix to this - flying behind a hill isn’t a fault for the SPAA.

Everyone is going to laugh at you for saying this you know that right? Heli rushers haven’t been an issue since the Ka-50 got its br moved up

You must main 1.0 or something as you’re completely out of touch from what 11.7+ has actually become now, it’s a absolute mess and 9/10 games I’m in there will be a KA-50/52 rusher lurking somewhere.

2 Likes

well the only aa that can deal with low flying targets is the Pantsir Tunguska and otomatic (which cant deal with long range targets)

why E vs W?
i found u not a GSB player
Please cry for each country individually, instead of dividing them artificially into East and West, GRB has no fixed group of countries.

Then you will find that of the popular countries, Germany has the worst CAS, far behind the United States and the Soviet Union.

Among the niche countries, Japan has the worst CAS (or lack of CAS) and Israel has the worst AA.

You just use East vs West as an excuse for you to cry America, you don’t care about the real lack of ability. The GRB has no bloc binding, and both the red and blue sides may have countries from the East or the West.

1 Like