Hungarian Ground Forces

i think we are long past that point lol

Here’s the suggestion for it: https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/575937-d944-pszh-hungarys-bunnycar/
Ask the poster if you want to know anything about it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe Hungary 9K35 Strela 10 ???
https://www.modellbolt.hu/picek/HAD/HAD%20035012%20Sa-13%20Strela-%2010%20Hungarian.webp

3 Likes

Yeah Hungary could get a Strela but people would complain about Soviet copy-paste

2 Likes

@atta26hu in your post you refer to the 14.5 mm KPVT heavy machine gun as the “KVPT machineguns”, which is a typo.

1 Like

Seeing all the bug reports in Gaijin’s bug report website about Hungarian WW2 tech, I hope all that stuff gets fixed because honestly these Hungarian tanks are the most interesting part of the update for me.

6 Likes

Quite a good find, the V-4 tank looks very cute.

If in the future the Hungarian branch is expanded in the Cold War era, it will be largely with vehicles of Soviet origin. However, I would prefer to see the vehicles in the bottom row of the list. Yes, they are of Soviet origin, but they were regular in large numbers, and not even in the original tree. (not yet C+P)
( The Nimrod is WW2 but a must have though, good air cover and with that grenade a real troll vehicle. )

1 Like

Another could be the Zrinyi H-801 prototype made out of mild steel (so the 75mm of armor would only be ~30mm of RHA effectiveness) and only having 5 degrees of depression.

Mild steel prototypes are handled very weirdly in game. We have a handful, but all are modelled with RHA or CHA except the VT 1-2.

I’ve done a air tree for them as well I know that Hungarian won’t be added as an independent now but it’s still fun to thing about.

This version of the tree is a what if we had a light and a heavy attacker lines.
Br are so out of date as I made this tree an age ago.

2 Likes

Some footage of 2A7HU

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/LU0bw68yu6k?si=fyQfwjaS_90dzOL-

3 Likes

apparently neither the Leopard 2A7HU or the Q version are able to program DM11 ammunition, only the german variants are able to use the DM11 effectively

which is bullshit. Hungary ordered the 2A7HU with DM11. I don’t know why but that KMW CEO decided to spew utter bullshit when he held that speech. maybe he is right in case of the Qatari order but in the case of the HU version what he said is utter nonsensical bullcrap

do you have proof for your allergations?

and just saying but the Gepard can shoot AHEAD as well, but not programm it, Hungary buying DM11 isnt necesarily prove they can actualy programm it

HTKA is a HU military forum with a few military personnel being its active users and is also widely read by soldiers. Some of them are involved in the modernization program and have commented on what the CEO said. If he says something is bullshit, its bullshit.
But the first Leo 2A7HU is arriving in November and then we will be able to see the shell selection cause it was shown in the case of the 2A4’s too.

But then why buy a programmable HE when u cant utilize its capability? Its the most modern MBT with only the 2A8 being better with its APS… Its again, nonsensical what the CEO said.

i cant say realy much about it, with google translate it sounds like they arent to sure themself, and fact is that if it comes to it, the forum wont count as a source while the interview will, you will need to find a better source then the forum