Hungarian Aviation Subtree — What it should look like!

The content does not change.

1 Like

I really do hope that the early indigenous designs are added but I highly doubt they will be now, especially not as tech tree vehicles. Why would Gaijin put time and effort into creating unique tier 1-3 models to put in the game for free when they could make a tier 7-8 model and sell it for $75?

A sad time to be a ww2 fan 🙁

4 Likes

Same, as do pretty much most people. Almost everyone was disappointed to find out that no Hungarian aircraft are going to be added in the Hungarian air subtree.

Fortunately, this is where I think you are wrong. If you look at the main subtree line, it starts from rank IV with the Yak-9P and there is clearly a huge empty space for rank I-III aircraft. Gaijin has confirmed that they will be adding more Hungarian aircraft later and implied that these will be unique and indigenous (hence why they need more time until they are finished and ready), so we can expect rank I-III of the subtree to be filled out with the indigenous designs, though we’ll have to wait for them.

Yeah, unfortunately high tier premiums are their priority rather than low tier free WW2 stuff.

Agreed, WW2 doesn’t get much attention anymore, and it’s very sad because the whole game was made to focus on WW2 originally, and now it is just forgetting its origins.

1 Like

I agree re WW2 .I cant decide whether Gaijin are out of touch with their player base or whether I am out of touch for still being interested in WW2 :)

3 Likes

This is twofold I think:

• Gaijin promotes modern vehicles ('cause they take the most effort/money to get, therefore meaning people will tend to spend more to reach these high RP/SL vehicles, thus also including grinders that want to get these vehicles.)

• Most new players are exactly interested in the new stuff. (Younger people are more interested in the current used stuff, and as this game has a somewhat younger-leaned playerbase, interest seems to lean towards that.) And people that want to reach top tier need to grind them with expensive premium tanks.

Personally I’m most interested in mid WW2 and cold war stuff for ground and naval, but for planes and Heli’s I like modern stuff (eurocopter, rooivalk) and ww2 props (P-51, spitfire,…) best.

2 Likes

Here’s the statcard I made for the WM-23. The WM-23 is a fully indigenous Hungarian WW2 fighter, and one of the aircraft I am most hoping for.

5 Likes

A 50 mm Rheinmetall gun for the KF-41 is under development in Hungary. In the future, the U.S.A. and all armies will use the IFV with a 40mm larger cannon. Answer to the Soviet BMP-3’s 100mm cannon…
In the future, I will bring interesting things because there are interesting developments in Zalaegerszeg Hungary Rheinmetall factory.

Repülőbázis induló - Song About the Royal Hungarian Air Force (youtube.com)

ZMNE film - 03. (A M. Kir. Honvéd Légierő története 1920 - 1945) (youtube.com)

1 Like

Germany propably gonba wait and pu sth like that on the mgcs chassid

The easy copy-paste stuff has been added now and should help a lot to bolster Italy’s high tiers. But the WW2 and prewar planes that are actual Hungarian designs are a lot more interesting and I hope Gaijin adds them eventually.

2 Likes

Yes, apparently you want to open America?
1.B-19… Боевая машина Б-19, ее преимущества и перспективы (topwar.ru)
Новейшую БМП Б-19 с необитаемым боевым модулем… | iXBT.com | ВКонтакте (vk.com)
2.B-11…

Spoiler

Курс на модернизацию | Юрий Пашолок | Дзен (dzen.ru)

team-lynx-brochure-sas.pdf (l3harris.com)
A Rheinmetall felfedezi az 50 mm-es ágyúintegrációt az OMFV Lynx-en (www-overtdefense-com.translate.goog)
Négy prototípus 50 mm-es XM913 ágyút szállítottak az amerikai hadseregnek (www-overtdefense-com.translate.goog)

Well… Congratulations to the Hungarian WT community for having now a bunch of copy/pasted and repainted soviet aircraft shoehorned into the Italian Tech Tree. Meanwhile there is not a single indigenous Hungarian aircraft (No Sólyom, no Héja II, no WM23); No new Italian airplanes like the Caproni bombers. No Hungarian CR-42 or Re-2000, not even as premiums. Not even as a camouflage option. In fact there is not a single new Axis-made plane, even if the justification for stuffing Hungary into the Italian tree was that ”they were in the Axis together”.
Sorry for being overly negative but this sub tree as it is now is everything I dislike about composite tech trees, so I felt the need to rant somewhere… Don’t let me spoil anyone’s enjoyment.

Happy 15th of March and Isten, áldd meg a magyart!

9 Likes

Agreed, and thank you, but for a bit of positivity, the subtree in its current form is incomplete, and Gaijin did say they will be adding more Hungarian aircraft in the future, so the rank I-III aircraft may come in a later update, and they implied there will be more interesting and unique additions. To me, it seems they added the postwar-modern easy copy-paste stuff now, and they are working on adding the more unique interwar-WW2 models later. Although it still would have made more sense to release the finished subtree all at once.

1 Like

Yeah… I wouldn’t keep my hopes up if I were you. Speaking as someone who’s been waiting for unique WW2 fighters for years… they’re exceedingly rare now. Even battle passes offer slightly altered copy pastes. Simply because low tier ww2 aircraft do not make any money, you don’t have a horde of players instantly buying 800k rp worth of GE for the new jets or mbts and their module, so they’re barely worth working on.

I may be wrong and they’ll actually add hungarian made stuff but somehow, I doubt it.

3 Likes

True, and it’s a huge shame as WW2 aircraft were once the only vehicles in the game, and now they barely get any attention. And yeah it sucks that only the vehicles that make the most money are “worth” modelling and low tier vehicles are not prioritised and easily neglected instead. But I’m not sure what could even be done to re-incentivise Gaijin to care about WW2 stuff, when modern vehicles offer way more profit margins for a similar level of work.

Well, not exactly. There always were post WW2 vehicles since the very beginning of the game back in 2013. An F-86 Sabre in the US tech tree, an IS-4 and T-54 in the Russian ground tech tree… but it sure was a minority of vehicles. I do agree that adding meaningful stuff only on top tier is absurd.

But when you look at newer tech trees, like the French navy, for example, that only had one brand new ships (Vauquelin) added since release, everything else being modifications of already existing ships (including three foreign destroyers in the normal tech tree, something that makes absolutely no sense), It certainly doesn’t bode well for the future of the Hungarian tech tree.

2 Likes

This sentiment starting to piss me off honestly. People are pretending like some pure Italian aviation tree got desecrated meanwhile the AMX is the ONLY Italian jet, pure Italian jet and not a C&P past rank 4. Everything is either license-built c@p or straight c&p. Its just has an Italian flag on it so purists don’t loose their shit

Edit: As Victory pointed it out there are a few more Italian jets 5 G.91, Ariete, Sagittario 2 and AMX. Still minority in the whole jet era.

2 Likes

What about the G.91s and the Sagittario 2/Ariete? But true, the Italian tree already had lots of copy and pastes, as do all trees really.