Humvee EOS R400S Mk2

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Hi guys.

Today i wanna suggest a Humvee. But it’s a Humvee with a 30mm Bushmaster and a Javelin ATGM.

Background

The upgrade package is designed by the company Electro Optic Systems. The aim is to incease protection of the Humvee by avoiding the gunner having to expose himself to enemy fire by using an remote weapons station. And the Humvee can get it’s 12.7mm Browning replaced with a 30mm OrbitalATK M230LF Bushmaster, A 7.62mm M240 Machine gun, And a FGM-148 Javelin ATGM.
The M230LF is a lightweight variant of the regular M230 Chain Gun used on the AH-64 Apache. The M230LF is able to use identical ammunition types as on the Standard M230 Bushmaster. These ammo types include HE Frag, Airburst, Semi Armor Piercing shells and other variants.
The weapons station was tested in Redstone Test Center Alabama with satisfying results. And the remote weapons station is used by diffirent nations on diffirent vehicle platforms.
Though it is currently not known if the US Military is going to adopt the EOS R400S Mk2 on mass scale on it’s Humvee fleets. Though they are also in talks of Introducing a similar type of weapons platform on their newly aquired JLTV Mrap.

And here is a quick rundown of the Humvee. The Humvee was first introduced back in the 1980,s where it was intended to replace the old and trusted Jeep in the US military. The Vehicle first saw combat in the invasion of Panama. The Humvee became famous when it was heavely fielded in the War of Iraq 2003-2011. Where the vehicle was becoming a regular target for local insurgent IED ambushes and Snipers.
After allmost 40 years in service. The Humvee is Still a trusted Troop Transport for Both the US Military and other nations across the world. And even though Replacements are being attemted. It seems the Humvee is not going anywhere any time soon.

Specs

Protection. Armored Glass and light composite which can withstand up to 12.7mm rounds at the engine front and 7.62mm at the vehicle sides and rear.
Crew. 3 approximately. Driver, Gunner, Comander.
Engine. V8 turbo diesel 190 hp.
Guns. 30mm M230LF Bushmaster. 7.62mm M240 Machine Gun, FGM-148 Javelin ATGM.

Endnote

I hope you guys like the suggestion. since i really hope we will see the Humvee introduced into the game at some point. And if i missed something or have to update the suggestion. Please let me know. Since this is a vehicle i really wanna see be added to the game.

Source

EOS R400S Mk2 remote weapon station fires Javelin missiles and Bushmaster gun | April 2020 News Defense Global Security army industry | Defense Security global news industry army 2020 | Archive News year (armyrecognition.com)

EOS | Electro Optic Systems | Defence | Remote Weapon Stations (eos-aus.com)

EOS - Electro Optic Systems (vimeo.com)

EOS-Brochure-R400S-Dual.pdf (eos-aus.com)

R400BrochureAUS_WEB.pdf (eos-aus.com)

WARFARE TECHNOLOGY: M230LF Alternative for .50cal & 40mm AGL??

EOS to deliver weapon system to US Army | Australian Manufacturing Forum

30x113%2B2.jpg

EOS Successfully Fires Multiple Weapons from Remote Weapon Station - MilitaryLeak

“Old Suggestion”
Humvee EOS R400S Mk2 - USA - War Thunder - Official Forum

6 Likes

I hope this gets added soon because one has replied to this 10 months and 97% of ppl want