Hull Armor of the M1 Abrams

do you have this source somewhere? cannot find where you posted this

The NRC is classifying it that way because the upper hull becomes irradiated by the proximity to the Turret composites.

Hence it becomes an issue of contamination. They are treated as one for this reason.

It was stated in a congressional budget office release in an earlier post thats indisputable.

2 Likes

These have been provided, please attempt to read.

2 Likes

Denying the Abrams having spall liner and improved armor despite everything provided by the community.

Galaxy-level clownery.

18 Likes

Quote it.

Do your own legwork

1 Like

apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA300523.pdf

Page 176

3 Likes

“The DU packages in the turret and hull become the DU Armor for the turret and hull.” What part of DU packages for the turret and hull do you not understand? It literally says it right there broddie

2 Likes

I read everything posted in bug reports. 0 unambiguous confirmations of DU hull composite in a mass-production abrams variant.

176? that doc only goes to 116 on my end

1 Like

Hi. This unambiguous enough for you?

39 Likes

That is a problem of your reading comprehension and not the provided documents.

4 Likes

Yes. Now find a second source since Gaijin always asks for two to corroborate.

Sorry here is a better version:

DTIC ADA300522: Ballisticians in War and Peace. A History of the United States Army Ballistics Research Laboratory. Volume 3. 1977-1992, : Defense Technical Information Center : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

4 Likes

I mean you can complain about it. But Gaijin is quite specific in this devblog they haven’t read any good evidence. I happen to agree with them on this.

Want things to change? Find better evidence.

Imgur

Done. Its like people always forget the previous sources. I think we might just have to include an entire 1 picture that has them all or the gold fish memory kicks in.

21 Likes

Separate source, first one I posted is Tanks by Michael Haskew. This one is Armored Cav: Guided Tour, by Tom Clancy.

4 Likes

you sure its page 176? that page is about system engineering with no mention to armour. heck the entire pdf doesnt reference the M1A1 heavy or DU when doing a search, sorry if im being an idiot just wanna make sure is all

Gaijin decides what is a trustworthy source based upon their opinion and not fact. Real Official documents are being denied. We saw this with the stinger missile where they said and i Quote. We dont “believe” it can pull 22 Gs. Believe being the key word here and denying actual sources.

12 Likes